1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone been through this and can help?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confused8812, Oct 27, 2015.

1. confused8812

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi all

I have always been interested in women, but I am happily married to a man and have kids and have no intention at this moment of destroying my family when I haven't even been with a woman. I have no idea how to even brooch the subject with myself or where to go to explore this side of me. I have no gay friends to go to a gay bar with and don't even know where to begin. Any advice??

2. gbxx33

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey there! i can't quite relate to your experience as i am not married but i am in a relationship right now. you say you are definitely attracted to women, but what about men? have you considered the possibility that you might be bisexual? if you are bisexual, it's quite possible for you to just accept your attraction to women but otherwise leave your life as is, given that a bisexual woman can be just as happy in a relationship with a man.
    if you aren't attracted to men, i would suggest talking about this with your husband now, rather than later. from personal stories i've read on this website, it seems that people's husbands have generally been receptive to and supportive of this kind of conversation. on the other hand, i really don't think you should just go out to a gay bar without your husband knowing. if you really think you would be happier with a woman, this conversation has to happen anyway, and it's better that it happens sooner rather than later :slight_smile: hope i could help! sorry i couldn't offer any advice from personal experience.

3. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How i like to see it is...i have never tried drugs (woman in your case) , only alcohol (men in your case). I do fantasize about trying drugs, but its quite faint and i wouldnt want to risk what could end up very badly just for the sake of experiencing...