1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it normal to still be anxious??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gbxx33, Oct 29, 2015.

1. gbxx33

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been identifying as bisexual to myself for the past while and it seems like the most logical thing to do.
    I have a history of having crushes (definitely real crushes) and being attracted to guys in real life as well as male celebrities, as well as a history of being (mainly sexually) attracted to girls but not realizing it until recently.
    I am also in a relationship with a guy who I adore and I can see a future with him.

That being said, I am still anxious about my sexuality. I can't stop thinking and worrying about being lesbian in denial and having to end my current relationship. Is it normal to still be anxious, even after you've found a label that seems to make sense? Why do you think this would happen? Any suggestions for moving forward?
    Thank you :slight_smile:

2. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, for a while I felt anxious and unsure, because the whole situation seemed surreal.

All I can advise is to not worry about not having the right label. You can change it as many times as you want, and nobody has the right to tell you you're wrong. You just need to give yourself some time to settle down. If you've had crushes on guys, and find guys sexually attractive, there's no reason that you'd actually be a lesbian. I know that when I first began exploring, I realised I was actually repulsed by the idea of being with a guy.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yes, it's very normal. I still experience some anxiety with regards to my sexual orientation, even though I've accepted it months ago. I think we all experience anxiety about general matters, it's how we deal with it that matters. With sexuality, all it takes is time to accept yourself for who you are because there is simply no shame in being yourself.

4. gbxx33

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks so much for your responses! I feel a bit better :slight_smile:

5. gbxx33

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    any more input from others would still be appreciated :slight_smile:

6. Investigating

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning