1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homoromantic Bisexual VS Homoflexible

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Oct 30, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So I know homoromantic bi and Homoflexible both have different definitions but many people think the two are very similar. What do you think?
    I've swapped between the two labels for sometime now because they are so similar but in my opinion, Homoflexible is more toward the gay side than homoromantic bisexual (every though both are very close to the gay Side of the sexuality spectrum.

So what do you think?

2. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Homoflexible means that you are primarily attracted to the same sex, and occasionally attracted to members of the opposite sex. This is roughly the equivalent to 5 on the Kinsey scale.

Homoromantic bisexual is a little more controversial in that it separates romantic and sexual attraction without clinical research to back it up. Homoromantic means that you seek relationships primarily with people of the same sex and bisexual means that you can hook up physically with either gender. There is little credible evidence to separate romantic and sexual attraction in this way, even though some people find it useful to make this distinction.

Both homoromantic bisexual and homoflexible round up to gay when the choices are {gay, straight, and bisexual} as you point out, so they offer shades of gray in terms of gay.

HTH

#2 SiennaFire, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel a significant divide between romantic and sexual feelings, then separating the two orientations is genarally a good idea to describe it. If not, I wouldn't bother. I mean if you have the divide, you can easily tell it.