1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell is happening?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Chili, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Chili

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I recently realized that I am homosexual and always was. Now, my problem is that before I realized this, I became obsessed with that guy and I don't even really know why, I never talked to him I just looked him in the eyes once but I was obsessed and probably still am and I'm not even sure if a relationship would work, If I would enjoy being intimate with him, do I just want to be friends? Because I know that we have quite a lot in common. I can't really tell if it's romantic or platonic attraction. But there is no sexual attraction. Wtf is going on? When I see him I'm like paralyzed. Probably because I have been obsessing over him for almost 4 effin' years!! I know that lesbians or gay men can fall in love with the opposite sex from time to time, it's probably rare, but is has happened. I'm not biSEXUAL because I am not attracted to men sexually. Maybe biromantic? Do I just wan't to be like him or what? I'm scared to talk to him and tell him what I feel, because I don't even know what I feel and what I wan't. Has someone ever obsessed about someone platonically? And do you think I should try to talk to him maybe become friends or something and then see whats happening? Would you say I'm crazy or just homoflexible or homosexual + biromantic?

It all started when I was 14, now I'm almost 18. It started because at that time my best friend got a boyfriend and I was so jealous that she is taken now and has less time for me. That I thought the best revenge would be if I got a boyfriend too so I picked him for that and since that day I wanted him and after a year or so the real obsession began. I'm not even friends with that girl anymore and she and her boyfriend broke up. So what do I even want? What I know is that I fantasize about hanging out with him and his friends but not really about a romantic date. Does that mean anything? Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. ^-^

2. waternation

waternation Guest

It's hard to know really. If it's just a one-off attraction, and it's not sexual, I wouldn't think you would need to reassess your whole sexuality. Maybe it's just some sort of platonic appreciation/admiration. I occasionally have platonic 'crushes' on guys (maybe a deep feeling of friendship is a better way to describe it), a lot more than actual romantic crushes. But the thought of dating/sexual stuff is really gross... Like dating a brother or cousin or something :S But I mean, that's the same with my female best friend too, but I love her to absolute (platonic) pieces. So unless you feel the obsession with him is more than platonic, maybe try distancing him from your thoughts for a bit.

Oh, and just something to consider. Would you be resisting a romantic crush on him because you do identify as gay and this breaks down that familiar label? It doesn't seem like that... I think maybe you just really want him as a close friend??

#2 waternation, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  3. Chili

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for your reply. :slight_smile:
    It really helped me reading this, because I never told anybody about this. I think you're right, it's most eventually just platonic admiration. It makes sense, it's just that I never experienced something like that. But when I think about dating him, it's pretty weird. I would like to be close friends with him. That should be it. I feel like "a deep feeling of friendship" is a very good way to describe it. Thank you for helping me out. ^-^