1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romantic or friendship interest

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CL1990, Oct 31, 2015.

1. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

I dont know if this has happened to anyone but...i get loads of crushes on girls (that i assume, and always end up, being straight).normally they are girls that im not friends with or anything but it seems that once i become friends with them the attraction disappears and its basically the only way to get over them

Is this normal? Will i need to become friends with every straight girl im attracted to in order to get over her?cuz the process is quite painful as it normally takes me a long time to gain the courage to approach them.

Thanks,

Carolina

2. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Crushes are usually feelings that you would have towards a person you don't know well? Then I would think you are crushing on your ideal mixed with what little you know about this person. Then, when you get to know them through friendship, the ideal fades away and you end up with no crush, but appreciation of them as friends. If this works for you, great. But I would be careful, as some day your crush may turn out ideal in reality, then friendship would not be possible and cause extreme pain.
    Maybe try to take a different approach - treat crush feelings as they are not for real person but ideal in your head. Maybe that understanding will not push you to have to become friends with all your crushes.
    Sounds easy, I know, best of luck:slight_smile:

3. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its actually a smart advise! will put it into practice :slight_smile: