1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wait, this is weird?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Secrets5, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Okay, so I was pretty sure I was just gynephilic but then I was talking with my Mum today and there was this distant cousin of mine I found attractive [I was 13, he was 18] to the point where I couldn't even look or speak to him. Embarrassing. Anyway, but what's weird is that I didn't even register that as a possible attraction until today [that was 4 years ago], was I oppressing the fact I might be androphilic? Or both, maybe? Or since it was just this one male that it was just part of that ''fluidity'' thing people talk about - being 13 with all the hormones changing as well?

I'm not sure to what extent 'weird' this is providing 'weird' means 'uncommon and unusual' but maybe if someone has some answers or something.

Thank-you.

2. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so I am not sure if I know what the definitions are for your orientation/s. In fact I don't know what they define at all. Could you clarify?
    I will tell you a little something about biology though. NO it is not unusual that you are/were attracted to your cousin. There is no reason why you need to give yourself a label just for that if I am understanding correctly. People are attracted to people that look like them in order to improve their genetic chances when making babies. People want to be with people who are like them, physically and psychologically. If you look closer at people who are in a serious relationship you will notice that they often have a lot of the same features and body type. So..... to improve your genetic chances you could be attracted to someone from your genetic pool. Does that make sense?
    Also if you want to know something else I learned in psychology.... ok this is kind of gross and I am sorry if I scar you for life (this is also off topic). When a step father moves into the house of a step daughter on or around puberty, her body will physically begin to develop faster and she will go through puberty quicker.. in order to be able to make babies. Also, the step father will also grow more attracted to the step daughter.... because she is a younger version of her mother. Gross right? Sorry!