1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating advice?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Uncolored, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so I have two concerns that I will break up into two questions.

1. I am planning on possibly dating a guy that I met on a dating site who has a lot of the rarer qualities that I am looking for. I think that we flow considerably well and it feels pretty natural. My only worry is that he is a big conservative Christian (I'm a very liberal Christian) and he states very openly on his profile that he is against gay marriage and against gay people having kids (yikes!). Normally I would probably just come out to a guy and tell him that I am bisexual but I don't really want to come out to him because I think that he would just end it. What do you think I should do or do you think that I should just end it with him without telling him that this is why?

2. My second question is that I decided that I want to put myself as bisexual on a dating site either as "female looking for men & women" or as "female looking for men". I just have myself listed as straight right now looking for a man which isn't very truthful but I only kept myself up as straight because I am talking to this guy. My concern is that I will: a) be rejected by any straight men or gay women who I could get along with well b) get prayed upon by straight couples looking for a threesome lady c) or be perceived as a slut. Should I be worried or should I keep listing myself as straight and just come out to guys early on when I talk to them?

Thanks!

#1 Uncolored, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  2. Chili

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. I would say you should stay true to yourself and tell him what's up. The best thing is to be yourself. I'ts better than hiding it from him. He should accept you just as you are and if he doesn't.. you deserve someone that does. What kind of person is he if he judges people because of their sexual orientation? I don't know.. doesn't seem so nice, but maybe he would even change his mind when you are honest and open about it and tell him your opinion.

2. There has been a time where I identified as bisexual and I have been on a dating site too. Everyone could read that I'm bisexual on my profile. I can only tell you what I experienced. Sadly, there were some requests for threesomes but no one called me a slut. No straight guy that I was talking to even noticed that I am bisexual, as I told them they didn't care at all. Don't worry if some people are being rude or annoying, just block them or ignore them, don't let anything or anyone hold you back from being yourself. Hiding something from him, so he doesn't know who you really are will most eventually just hurt you in the end. ._.
    Like I said, if someone rejects you just because of your sexuality, you deserve someone better. :slight_smile:

3. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Danke sehr Chili!
    I really appreciate your advice. I've kind of decided that I don't want to date him for more than one reason (but mainly because of this). You are right, he probably isn't so nice if he judges people for their orientations.
    I am going to list myself as bisexual on the dating site, you are right it will only hurt me in the end. I appreciate that you shared your experiences with listing yourself as bisexual and I feel better knowing that straight guys didn't even notice.