1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for bisexuals

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fxngirl, Nov 3, 2015.

1. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I know there are different ratios of attraction toward the two genders (not just 50/50) but my question is: do you feel more sexually attracted to one gender and more romantically attracted to the other, or do you feel both sexually and romantically attracted to one of the two (or both equally)? Like, do your sexual and romantic attraction go on the same direction?

2. ledja

ledja Guest

more or less, my sexual and romantic attraction go in the same direction if there is an emotional connection there.

based only on more 'instant' attraction without really knowing someone and having that emotional connection however, it's kind of up and down. sometimes i'm more attracted to one gender over the other, either romantically or sexually, or in both ways. it tends to switch, sometimes attraction towards one gender being a lot stronger, but i'm always attracted to both (/all) genders, at varying degrees, at the same time.

at the moment, i feel pretty neutral and don't have a preference. before, i was going through a period where i wasn't attracted to guys so much at all.

but ultimately, it just comes down to the person.

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm physically/sexually attracted to women but tend to be more compatible with men emotionally and intellectually. If a man stimulates my mind, I don't care so much about the rest. I used to consider myself a lesbian, but it was extremely difficult finding compatible women. It's still women, not men, that I check out when walking down the street, etc.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Physically, women (though I sometimes wonder how much of that is really envy or admiration for their bodies), while for men, romantically and physically. It varies, too, and I seem to be most compatible with other genderqueers, non-binaries, and androgynous folk.

It's usually never more than 60/40 to either side, so I just say I'm a Kinsey 3 out of simplicity.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I tend to lean toward guys romantically, like I get all crushy and squeel like a little school girl :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I also tend to prefer men aesthetically. Sexually/physically, though, I'm not as sure, it seems to be somewhat even, at least right now (sexuality is fluid after all). ^.^

6. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Thanks for the replies! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, it really helped because I feel sexually attracted to women, and I would see myself in a relationship with one, but right now I have feelings for a guy, so I'm trying to figure out what I am.

7. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My romantic leanings are a stable 80% or so in the direction of women - I tend to get on better with girls in general, and given that friendships and relationships stand on the same base foundation, that's that.

Where sexual attraction is concerned, though, it's a weird and variable situation. Sometimes I'm into any gender except men, sometimes it's a complete free-for-all, sometimes I'm exclusively into women...in fact, the only constant is that I'm always interested in women. Usually I'm less attracted to men than any other gender, though, and men are never top of my attraction scale. I'm just too gay for that, apparently.

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For a long time, although I knew I was sexually attracted to men, I couldn't picture myself ever falling in love with a man or having (or wanting) a romantic relationship with a man. And then, quite late in life, I found myself developing a romantic relationship with a man...and having romantic feelings toward another!

I think there are real questions about what we're open to vs. what we close ourselves off to...and we're overly prone to decide that because we aren't open to X, then our *orientation* excludes X. This feels like a mistake in self-understanding to me.

9. CapColors

Yup. If I'd ever even considered being bi, I'm sure I would have come to my realization that I am even sooner.

10. Astral

I feel pretty fluid a lot of the time, sometimes seeing / feeling the emotional benefits of a male or female partner, etc. I even went through a phase about a month ago where I was only into androgynous looking people (oh god where's my andro lover? Someday :icon_wink)

I suppose I'd say it averages out to being 50/50 though!

11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it can be a bit fluid, but mostly guys. but i love to hang out with women; kind of like the girl time. even when i didn't know that i did.

12. flowerss2015

I'm still questioning what I am, and although I'd say I'm a kinsey 3, I think my romantic and sexual/aesthetic (still not sure if it's really sexual attraction or not) are separate to some degree. I am 'attracted' to women's bodies on social media but not in real life. In real life I have no interest in women. If I go out, it's men that I pursue, but I'm a lot more into male faces in a physical way than their bodies. Plus, for me to feel sexual with someone it absolutely HAS to have emotional/romantic feelings or personality attached to it. I've had major crushes on boys in real life, and am sometimes attracted to them, as well as male celebrities, and I can honestly only really see myself in a relationship with a man. I've been with my boyfriend for a year now and, on an emotional level, we're suer compatible. I'm definitely in love with him, and was instantly attracted to him at first sight in a way that made me pursue him romantically. I experienced feeling 'turned on' for honestly what I'd say is the first time in my life when we first kissed.
    My sexuality is a bit separate. I go through periods of being super attracted to my boyfriend in a sexual way, then barely having any sexual feelings although I do still find him aesthetically attractive. At this time I would say I'm more attracted physically to women's bodies, but, and even though I've tried to imagine it, I couldn't ever see me being more than friends with a woman. All my relationships with women have been platonic. I can recognise that my friends are gorgeous, even how they'd be attractive but I'm just not interested in them at all, and never have been in for any woman in real life. I think a lot of my 'attraction' is also spurred by body envy because I've just never really been a sexual person anyway.
    Sorry for the totally long-winded reply, but my answer is as complicated as I think bisexuality can sometimes be, and I think that sexuality/sexual attraction can be fluid and change, and bisexuals can have phases of each (not using the word 'phase' in a way that means our feelings are invalid, just meaning that it can come and go). I'm not sure if I actually AM bisexual (but I'm identifying as this for now because I am so sick of demonising my confusing pull toward female celebrities as well as male, and female bodies more than male), I may be ace/grey/demi, but I'm definitely heteroromantic even though I don't desire sex a lot of the time (though find it pleasurable with my boyfriend as I do it for intimacy and to satisfy him) and may find women better to look at sometimes.

13. beebopboboop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is a good question. I've only recently figured out my sexuality and so far, I am more sexually attracted to males and romantically attracted to females, but that could change any time as my life progresses. Honestly, It can go either way. I've had two boyfriends , but never had a girlfriend. Keep your options open and experiment. I don't know how well this reply helps so I apologize in advance.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

For the most part, they align.

However, I have a slight lean towards women.

15. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm pretty much in the middle, but I do lean towards guys. This may be because all the pretty girls I know and would consider dating are straight.

16. NotQuiteANerd97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say I'm about 70% heterosexual, 30% homosexual. I guess I have higher standards for guys. Since guys are often more sexual, I'm more easily sexually attracted to them. Whereas the same applies to women on an emotional level

17. GreenPanRose270

The short answer is that I'm slightly more sexually attracted to guys, and slightly more romantically attracted to girls. XD