1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she know?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by loveislove01, Nov 3, 2015.

1. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back in June, I was freaking out one night that my girlfriend's mom found out about our relationship because it was very likely she looked through her phone one night while she was in the shower. And we had just made up after a fight, so the messages were basically "I'm sorry, I love you, I really want to snuggle with you, kiss you"...etc. Lovey-dovey things that clearly cross the friendship boundary. She never said anything, or treated me different- we have still gotten together for a sleepover every 2-3 weeks consistently for the most part, and she still seems to like me and everything. But...

Four months later and we are still together, and today my girlfriend was doing homework on her mom's iPad instead of her laptop, and she came across a screenshot of a long message that she wrote to me then, saved in June. And this was on her mom's iPad, while the messages were on my girlfriend's phone.

I'm kind of freaking out, and wondering why she hasn't said a thing, or treated me any different than before- I mean, whenever we have sleepovers, even at her house, we spent a lot of time in my girlfriend's room room, alone, door closed, and she doesn't seem to care? It's really confusing...and I don't know what to do, I'm just feeling extremely paranoid, because if my parents ever find out...:tears:.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If your girlfriend's mother hasn't approached your girlfriend, then either she doesn't care, she doesn't know what to do, or she wants to respect your girlfriend and let her come to her first.

Though this is possible, it may be a bit of a stretch. Women can get away with saying cutesy things to one another, and it's seen as okay. So perhaps this is a contributing factor to why your girlfriend's mother has not said anything, because she sees it as two girls being jokingly affectionate.

However, if you two are still able to spend time with one another, behind closed doors, then it isn't a big deal at the moment. But if this really bothers you, you can't really know what your girlfriend's mother knows, until you either ask her or wait for her to approach you two first.