1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

21 and Questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rockymtnnative, Nov 11, 2015.

1. rockymtnnative

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, so I am brand new to this website and these kinds of things. I have lesbian friends and bi friends, I love the gay community and have nothing against them at all.. just want to put that out there haha.
    Umm. Basically I am 21 years old and am questioning my sexuality. I am very tomboy and am asked all the time if I am straight due to my dress, talk, and whatever else inclines people to ask me. But the questioning has got me thinking. Also, a male friend of mine asked if I had experience with girls and I said no, because I haven't, but then he asked if I want to. I haven't been asked that before and I hesitated. I resisted answering because I was like whoa wait. Yes? No? Idk? but I felt like my initial response was YES but I was maybe afraid to say it? I don't know.
    I hear all these stories about how people knew since 5th grade or since they were in teenagers, but here I am at 21 and wondering if I really am straight or ..curious or... idk. I haven't had many relationships, the 2 that I have had were with males and I left the first guy because he was too feminine for me and I feel like I need a MAN like a strong man to protect me and whatnot. If i ever get married (ha yeah right) i see myself with a man but at the same time I still feel curious about women.

Also, I can't stand girls. Like they are mean and caddy and I can't handle them a lot of the time. I have always had more guy friends. But anyways I hesitate every time someone asks if i am straight. I hesitate but then say yeah I'm straight because I have to give them an answer and that is the most acceptable one and I am too afraid to say i'm trying to figure it out. I don't know if I am scared to admit it.

I don't know.

I also had a dream recently where I was with a woman sexually and i have never dreamt about that before. But in the same night in a different dream I was flirting it up and concerned about a guy.
    So... yeah. ha
    I don't know what to do or think about this situation and mental state.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hey, I am not mean! Nor am I caddy -- I think. Don't know what that means, truthfully. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So, you're questioning your sexuality. That's good! Life is all about discovering who you are inside.
    A basic question, then, is do you have sexual and/or romantic attraction toward other women? Which can be hard to answer, sometimes. For example, until quite recently I thought I was only into girls; I had completely forgotten that I'd had many crushes on boys before.
    Do you remember if you've had sexual fantasies like in your dream before? Or was this a rare case? Do you remember if you've ever felt something for a woman like more than a friend?
    One thing you can do if you want to test yourself is to fantasize about women, allowing yourself to really explore your feelings and see if it rocks your boat or not. Adding masturbation as an element can also work for some in this.

It's okay to be a little confused! And it's okay to be a little curious, which you seem to me to be.

Hope that helps xx

#2 Invidia, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  3. whynot

whynot Guest

well.. i'm 24 and have only realized i might be gay.. there are still times when i question whether i'm gay or not.. i haven't been in a relationship ever.. neither with a man nor a woman.. and when my cousins would ask me if i have a boyfriend i just wouldn't answer and i'd only smile.. i suppose there really are some, like us, who questions their sexuality quite later than other does..

4. rockymtnnative

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    ha here's the thing. I don't know if I do have a sexual or romantic attraction to females. Like yes I think boobs are great and whatnot and I am not afraid to tell anyone around me if I think a female is super attractive. But I don't imagine myself making out with them or anything right there. I can for guys and can fantasize about them more and more easily, but not for females. But then again like I said I had that dream. I think I have maybe had one other dream but not sure. This recent dream was the most sexual and bluntly lesbian dream I have ever had. It seems like a rare case. I don't think I have felt more for a woman than just friendship but then again I kind of have with one friend of mine but I never like imagined us kissing or anything just a really strong love for her. Probably just a super strong best friendship. I did have a lesbian friend and whenever we hung out (which was a lot) I kind of always wondered like hmm I wonder if she would be interested in me if I hadn't told her I was straight. I was her type according to her ( she loves girls with brown hair and blue eyes) and we got along great.
    As for the fantasizing thing, I have done that kind of.. like I have seen lesbian intimacy and whatnot and that can get me going just as much as heterosexual intimacy sometimes.