1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female emotional attachment experience?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rachael1954, Nov 11, 2015.

1. rachael1954

Interested in romantic vs. sexual feelings. My first love was intense and all-consuming. It was also with a guy who turned out to be 100% gay.

Subsequent loves felt great, but no fireworks with the men or women. One time I had a boyfriend who I could have had great sex with, but I broke up with him before it could get that far. For a woman.

Have a new love, a woman. The emotional connection is there (intense and all-consuming) and for what feels like the first time, I'm having sexual fireworks that I'm still not accustomed to (but getting used to).

Any other ladies (bi or lez) fall in love with a gay man? Does that just mean I'm more sexually open than most people or is it an indicator I might be a gay woman? Just trying to explore all the options to figure out what I am...

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have not fallen in love with a gay man...though I've had some crushes, lol.

My question for you is whether you knew he was gay when you fell in love?

Both my partner and my ex-gf (of ages ago) *have* fallen in love with gay men, however. In the case of my partner, it was young love...when we met at 19, she'd been seeing this guy since they were both 13 :eek: A few years ago, she looked him up on the internet and found he had since married a man.

After I broke up with my ex-gf to start seeing my partner, she (my ex-gf) had a flurry of short-lived relationships with guys. Several years later, she married one. And within a few years discovered he was gay. Interestingly, as far as I understand, they are still together...not sure how that's working for the two of them, but it would seem to be.

I don't believe that having a relationship with a gay man means you are gay (though you certainly could be). But I think that it *can* be an indicator that you are queer of some stripe...at the very least queer-friendly.

3. rachael1954

biAnnika, thanks :slight_smile: I knew it at the time :slight_smile: I'm definitely queer friendly.