1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian to straight??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by figuringitout18, Nov 12, 2015.

1. figuringitout18

Alright so I am very confused and its kind of a lot so bear with me.
    Growing up I always knew that I liked girls instead of boys, but I didn't want that to be true so I suppressed for pretty much my whole life so far. I was in a relationship a guy in high school and was pretty miserable and I briefly dated another one last year in the hopes that it would be different, but it wasn't. I was just unable to connect with them emotionally and didn't have any romantic or physical feelings for them either. I recently accepted that I'm gay and learned to embrace that part of myself, but here's where I'm confused.

I've realized that I've been noticing boys more than girls recently. I don't feel like I'm necessarily experiencing attraction to guys, but I haven't even been noticing girls. I don't know what this means. I don't really feel attracted to people until I've gotten to know them well so its hard for me to know if I am actually into guys now. I've read online that sexuality is fluid and it can change so I'm wondering if its changed suddenly and that scares me. It's taken me this long to finally accept myself as a lesbian and now it might not even be true. I don't want to have to go through this whole process again and I don't know who I am right now. Does anyone have any advice for me or maybe know what's going on? It would really help me.

2. Brightlights

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Omg I am the exact same way! I feel you. I dont have any answers, but im going through the same thing.

3. figuringitout18

Glad to know I'm not alone! It's so frustrating like I just want to have myself figured out by now.