1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling more gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by waternation, Nov 13, 2015.

1. waternation

waternation Guest

Heya guys :smilewave

It's been a while since I've posted on here. How are you all?^^

I was just making a post because I feel more gay as time goes on, even though for a while I've identified as bi. I don't know if my sexuality is settling to be less fluid as I've become more accepting of myself. There are still some things that confuse me though, and I wanted to know others thoughts on this, especially other girls who are bi or gay here :icon_wink

Basically, when I think of my future I think of a girl. I think of how lovely it would be to be in a relationship with one, and how nice it would be to live together, get married, do romantic, couple-y things. I don't really see this with a guy anymore, and the thought of marrying one and having children feels more like an entrapment than a thought to look forward too. But I don't know...

I still find guys really attractive. Sometimes more than just a "I can tell he's attractive way" and more in a sexual attraction kind of way. I definitely feel something when I see a nice looking guy, but I really don't know if it could go past friendship right now. I'm worried that I'm still scarred from my last serious relationship (a het one), or whether my sexuality has changed more to girls a lot more.

I'm out as bisexual to most people, and I probably wouldn't change that because I'm unsure, and I think it's still kind of true, I still find some men really attractive it's just that when I think of settling down and spending my life with someone, that someone's probably a girl.

I don't know... Uh, do any other lesbians/gay girls here still find some guys really attractive, in a way that's more than noticing? I'm not looking for a label exactly, I'm happy without one, I just wanted to know how other people felt about this?

#1 waternation, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Distant Echo

I identified as bi for years, it's only since I joined here that I've really put a lot of thought to it, and realized I'm lesbian. 100% lesbian. Hell yeah.
    I kind of assumed i was bi because I had kids and so I must be. For me, this means while I can still appreciate a good looking guy, that's it. No attraction at all.
    But you can call yourself bi if you wish to, or you can call yourself lesbian. It's whatever fits.
    I can absolutely not see myself with a man again.

3. waternation

waternation Guest

Hmm... see I kind of feel a bit the same when you say "I can absolutely not see myself with a man again.", but I know that I still feel attraction towards guys. I think I could enjoy kissing guys a lot, but I'm not sure about much else. Probably not dating or marrying. At least, at the moment anyway. My friend recently had a baby in the last year and she keeps on asking me (well, a few of my friends do) if I've found a guy, when I plan to have my own baby and the thought just makes me cringe and feel weird and I honestly can't like the thought of having my own child and being pregnant, and having a husband. But I like the thought a lot of having a wife, of snuggling and having a child in that case.

I don't feel like lesbians would find men attractive though, or would even want to kiss them. And maybe if it was a really attractive guy I could do more like a one off thing (if I was into that), but as for relationships... I just don't think so anymore. But I wonder if guys don't repulse me in that way, and I am attracted to them, why this isn't a superficial kind of preference... I like guys a lot in personality and aesthetically, just feeling less and less of a connection :icon_sad:

4. Distant Echo

Remember, there are a lot of lesbians in hetero marriages, and happy with that. It's not for me, but that's just me.

5. waternation

waternation Guest

Hmm, happy? I think I would keep thinking about the what if's of being with a girl instead... Ahhh, I don't know :confused: Maybe I'm just further along the kinsey scale than I was/thought before. Thank you for your help (*hug*)