1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Pansexual? I need help!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Chewsy, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey!
    So I've found out I was Agender a few months ago and came out quite recently. I found out my mother doesn't care what I am so that's not a problem for me, but that's not really what I wanted to talk about.

I've recently been in a relationship with a male (I haven't came out to him, so to him I'm female) and the only reason we got together was because his personality was amazing. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, Pansexual people love all genders and love because of personality and not looks, right? THAT'S BASICLY ME. I also feel like dating a non-binary gender is kinda my thing, so I'm not sure. I could also be asexual, since I don't feel 'sexual' attraction and I don't really like the idea of having sex at all.

But I haven't really searched into asexuality

any help?
    Thanks~

2. DinelodiiGitli

Since it sort of goes against my code of conduct to tell someone exactly what they are I'll just give you a couple definitions to help you out. :slight_smile:

- Pansexual: A person who experiences sexual attraction to all genders and sexes and/or regardless of gender or sex. This doesn't mean they don't care about looks nor does it mean they do; that's more of a preference thing.

- Asexual: A person who does not experience sexual attraction and/or a desire for partnered sex.

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Speaking from my own personal experiences of being Pansexual, I believe you are more likely to be one of the sexualities listed below, however, only you can label yourself.

Demi-sexuality means sexual attraction only occurs after you have formed an emotional bond to the person.

If you do not feel sexual attraction, you may be Asexual. Asexual people may still feel romantic attraction (attraction to personality/desire to be in a relationship), but do not feel sexual attraction.
    (Some Asexuals enjoy sex, and others are sex-repulsed or indifferent)

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pansexuality just means being attracted to all genders. Some people also use it to mean they're attracted to people regardless of gender, but you can have preferences or be attracted to different genders in different ways and still identify as pansexual. If you're attracted to people of all genders, you can also use the label bisexual, which just means being attracted to two or more genders. It is not more/less inclusive or better/worse than pansexual. Choosing between the two in this case is simply a matter of preference. Falling for personality instead of looks isn't part of being pan or bi, it's just a preference.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    You sound pretty pan to me ^.~

6. YinYang

Pansexual: sexual attraction to all genders.
    Asexual: no sexual attraction at all.
    Demisexual: sexual attraction only after a strong emotional bond is formed.
    Romantic orientation: romantic attraction, has nothing to do with sexual attraction. Same prefixes apply as sexual orientations.

I hope these definitions help you figure yourself out :slight_smile: