1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused as hell right now

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by choirsmash, Nov 17, 2015.

1. choirsmash

Okay, I don't really know why this happened but my mind decided to like reopen it's own debate about my sexual orientation. I thought I closed this case in march, but apparently not. I don't know if I'm even attracted to guys or not. I can't tell if I decided to go with bisexual because I just don't want to be gay both for family purposes and just because of the stigma. I barely even know what all is out there. So any help would be fantastic...
    For the time being, I will be going with gay because it's a good umbrella term. Thanks in advance for any help and please feel free to direct me to other resources.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Just try to be patient with yourself and not put pressure on yourself to have the answers. That's a lot to expect from yourself, or from anyone because sexuality's confusing. It's also not fair that once you come out as an orientation, society and the people around you expect you to be totally sure and never waver what you're feeling. It's unreasonable to expect that of anyone though. So try to stay open with yourself and what you are feeling, don't let the fact that people know you as one thing or have their own expectations impact your exploration of your own sexuality.

3. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The great thing about life is that few decisions are permanent, and this is not one of them. Whatever you decide to label yourself is not definite and throughout life I think you'll discover new things about yourself that might make you reconsider whatever you decide now. And you dont have to decide ever either, unless its something that you feel you need to do.

My mom asks me what I am all the time. I always just tell her Ive liked men, and Ive loved women. Is there a label for me? Probably. But at this point Id rather not decide.

4. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The great thing about life is that few decisions are permanent, and this is not one of them. Whatever you decide to label yourself is not definite and throughout life I think you'll discover new things about yourself that might make you reconsider whatever you decide now. And you dont have to decide ever either, unless its something that you feel you need to do.

My mom asks me what I am all the time. I always just tell her Ive liked men, and Ive loved a woman. Is there a label for me? Probably. But at this point Id rather not decide.

#4 Soundofmusic, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  5. choirsmash

The problem is, I hate not knowing. I don't want to have to explain every time, I guess. I don't know..
    I'm currently trying to work on that, just being okay with not having a specific label

6. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm... What about queer? Im new to this but the definition is the following:

Re-claimed umbrella term used to describe the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/Transsexual and general non-heterosexual communities. Queer is the opposite of Straight.

The word is becoming more acceptable than ‘Gay’ especially for homosexual woman and bisexuals who often object to being called’ gay’ which is used more often to describer gay men. It is still often used (just as ‘gay’ is) as an insult to queer people, but is taken with a pinch of salt these days.

7. choirsmash

I'm not really a huge fan of using queer as my sexual orientation. Sometimes I describe myself as queer, but not really that often. I barely even hate the word, people seem to ask more questions with it though. Idk

8. choirsmash

So just to add to my confusion, I think I may be trans
    but like not looking to actually transition, trans..just like trans as an umbrella term I guess..
    More of a nonbinary sort of thing
    As a kid, I always liked when people thought I was a boy (happened a lot), but it wasn't because I wanted to actually be a boy..idk it's hard to explain right now..