1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really confuzzled

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Aqulia, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Aqulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a relatively young girl, and I feel at least sexually attracted towards women, I'm not too sure I'll ever be in a serious relationship with a girl, but maybe I just haven't met the right one yet, as I am young.
    I've known this for a while, and assumed that I am bisexual, although I am still extremely confused. I am in a relationship with a boy and lately I have been feeling less and less attraction to him along with other males, and more attraction towards other females. Could this mean I'm a lesbian?

I'm so confused.
    Sometimes I feel like all these feelings aren't even real, that I'm kidding myself and I'm actually straight, like deep down I just want to be Bisexual or a lesbian or something. Is that even possible? I mean, I really don't like the idea of being that kind of person, I'm kind of afraid of it. I don't want to pretend I'm something I'm not. I don't even know why I would, because if I really am bi or lesbian, I feel super nervous about it. All of my friends who are girls love boys. There's even this one chat that has been made about this one celebrity they all think is really cute, but, in truth I'm just not attracted to him. I mean, I'll admit he's good looking, but I feel nothing for him.

2. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm...it sounds like you could be a lesbian, but your hetero-romantic as opposed to homoromantic. There are gay and lesbians who somehow end up in straight relationships because they somehow fell in love with someone from the opposite sex.

Most likely you're a lesbian and are barely realizing it though because what you said about losing interest in him isn't congruent with a romantic attraction either.

The other possibility is that you're bi, but just with a strong preference for girls, or that you're going through a phrase where you prefer women. Oh and phases can last for a long time. The surefire way to ascertain your sexuality is to begin exploring those feelings.

#2 AtheistWorld, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015