1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling like i have a late start with the teen feelings and urges

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ruby421, Nov 18, 2015.

1. ruby421

ok so i am gay, but when i was like 12 and 13 (i am 14 now) but then i never really had that whole boy crazed or even hormones driven deal like i was told all girls had..but i just didnt, but now i do..but for girls, and that is ok, i am just unsure why i didnt have these feelings before, i did have thoughts about girls off and on when i was like 13 but i didnt feel the... well to be blunt horny-ness XD sorry i have no other way to word,
    ok so pretty much my question is, is it weird to not really feel like a teen till a little later then most?

2. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No its not weird.
    I too was never attracted in ummm... a sexual way to girls or guys until 16 (I'm 17 now)
    I did "like" girls though in a romantic way but I was never horny in a way like my peers were. So last year I met a guy, and I fell for him. It was'nt sexual, but it has evolved into the sexual dimension as well.
    So I hit that "teenage raging hormones"/"forever horny" (scratch that) phase very late.
    Honestly I too felt that I hit teenage very late.
    Its totally normal.

3. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, perfectly normal. I didn't really feel any of that stuff until last year. Before that it was mostly an aesthetic attraction, like "wow, the shape of their face looks really nice," or "hey, that person has a lovely eye color - interesting."

Stuff like that. Regardless, it's perfectly normal.

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not at all. I had crushes at 14/15 but they were never sexual. Those thoughts didn't really happen until I was 17.