1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexually attracted to one, romantically attracted to another

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FightingShadows, Nov 22, 2015.

1. FightingShadows

So, as the little bio under my name says, I'm a gay guy. At least, I consider myself one because I'm sexually attracted to males, although I have discovered not too recently that I could maybe see myself dating a girl. But strictly dating as in take her out to dinner, buy her things, treat her real nice, hang out and just have fun. As for sexually, that just doesn't "get me going" so to speak. I guess maybe I just want (for whatever reason) a girl to adore me and look at me as a good boyfriend. But can that even happen without sex coming into play? I don't know. I find this a little strange. Has anyone else felt this way? Does this even make sense?

2. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, I can relate to this: I'm sexually attracted to guys but romantically attracted to girls. I've always had a lot of female crushes growing up. I've been fixated on a girl's beauty and I want to date a girl, hug them, kiss them, adore them, but I just simply am not interested in having sex with them, I don't get aroused.

3. FightingShadows

I'm just wondering if any girl would even be okay with that. Seems a slim chance that simply dating wouldn't go over too well :/

4. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If they are okay with having a strictly romantic relationship, no sex, then it's okay. However, I feel like most relationship work better if there's both a mutual romantic and sexual attraction.

#4 lastking, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015