1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Guilt

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Turtle Crossing, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Turtle Crossing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been questioning my sexuality for a while. Still I'd like to explore a bit. I've typically only been attracted to women, when I feel a strong emotional attraction. I feel kind of guilty looking for an opposite sex relationship when I'm questioning my own sexuality. Have you ever felt this way? Does it feel ok to see if anything would come of it?

2. Distant Echo

If you're looking, then you probably aren't straight. Just be honest with yourself when you find yourself thinking about a particular male and you'll be fine :grin:

3. zeecoop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was seeing a girl but also questioning my sexuality i felt VERY VERY guilty. It drove me insane. I felt so bad for spending time with ther and not knowing whether i was genuine or not.

I know it says ivep ut "gay" on my profile for EC... but im still not enitrely convinced that i am fully gay.

4. IG88

Oh gosh yes. This is what prevents me from seeking relationships with girls. I don't want to lead them on, hurt them, waste each other's time, etc.

On the flip side, would seeking relationships with men make you feel guilty since you're attracted to women? A question for bisexuals I think. I think the guilt should go away if you're upfront and honest with your date. But if you're not out or unsure, then that obviously isn't going to happen.

5. Damen386

Fuck what other people think do what makes you happy :wink:

6. driedroses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Isn't any relationship potentially "wasting" the other person's time? How do you know if something will work out if you don't try it? I would suggest being honest that you're questioning your sexuality with anyone you're dating; if it's a hook-up, then it's probably unnecessary. But if it's something that could lead to a relationship, mention it, male or female.

And here's the thing. I am bisexual and was perfectly content in an 18+ year relationship with a man. I was not concerned about whether I was leading him on, hurting him, or wasting his time, because I knew he was the person I wanted to be with, even if I might equally enjoy being with a woman.

Right now, I'm in a month-long relationship with a woman, and I'm not concerned that I'm leading her on, or hurting her, or wasting her time, because she is the person I want to be with. If you find yourself attracted to someone and wanting to be with them, be honest, but don't let it consume you, you know?

Best of luck! :slight_smile: