1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal to be confused about your sexuality for a long time?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SparklyTaco17, Nov 24, 2015.

1. SparklyTaco17

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm 17 and I've basically been questioning since I was 14. I had my first girlfriend online when I was 14 and I loved her ... But she cheated on me .. I was on and off with her for over a year . Then I dated a guy after her then dated her again. I dated a few other girls online after her ( I wasn't out of the closet so most of my relationships were long distance it's stupid I know ) So then I came to the realization I loved my best friend or at least had a crush on her ... And I still feel that way about her . Then I dated this boy tommy ... And we did sexual things but didn't have sex . And it wasn't bad dating him but I was at his birthday party and my friend Sam ( girl who is bisexual) was there and I was laying my head on her lap and it was amazing I had butterflies. But she left to go lay with her boyfriend ... Then I went back to tommy... But I still felt hurt and jealous. Also I feel jealous of my best friend whenever she brings up her boyfriend . I'm attracted to girls , sexually and emotionally. I'm attracted to guys but I wouldn't have sex with them bc I don't like the idea of penetration ... And I wouldn't do oral on a guy either. Anyway I keep doubting my sexuality because I have never been with a girl so what if like ... I'm actually straight ? Also I know a lot of people are biphobia so I feel pressure to either be straight or be a lesbian ... So what do you think would I be more lesbian , bisexual or straight? ( I know only I can determine my sexuality but if u had to guess from the information I've given) . Also if u have some tips on how I can stop being so confused.. That would be great. Thank you so much for reading this and I'm sorry if I wasted your time or sound stupid .

2. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear SparklyTaco17,

Yes, it's normal and it's ok too. It's also OK to feel attracted to guys without wanting penetration. It's also OK to want it at some times and not at other times.

It's also normal to feel more attracted to one sex or another at certain times while not at others. I know it can be really frustrating to not feel like you can pinpoint your exact "label" so to speak, but that's OK too. Anyone who's worth your trust in talking to about this is going to try to be understanding.

Try to be patient with yourself and give yourself lots of care and compassion.

…and you are not stupid.

3. SparklyTaco17

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for understanding . I do get frustrated a lot but your right I should be patient . Thank u.