1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just general confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by vvr, Nov 25, 2015.

1. vvr

vvr

I'm just not sure. I've never felt any attraction for men, but I've never so much as kissed a girl... I'm not even sure what a crush is supposed to feel like. There have been a couple times, when my best friend and I would grab lunch, that I would wonder about kissing her. Feel like, if this were a date, I would lean in and go for it. It's just so confusing. When a guy hits on me it just feels really annoying, like, I can't help being attractive, what do you want from me? But when a woman says something nice I get all tongue tied and embarrassed. So I guess I'm gay...
    But how do I know if I've never done anything?

I don't know... Can someone give me some insight? Like, how did you figure out your orientation?

2. YinYang

I've never done anything with ANYONE and I'm still pretty sure of my sexuality, so you don't need to do anything with anyone, although that can help sort things out.

Have you had any crushes on any guys that you've met? Have you ever wanted to have sex with a guy? Or do you only find girls sexually attractive?

3. vvr

vvr

No, I haven't had any crushes on any guys. But I'm not sure if I've had crushes on any girls I've met, either. I've had a few boyfriends, but they've either been long distance or really short term. Part of what led me here was the realization that I was dreading having to settle down with some guy forever. I've only recently acknowledged my feelings for women, so imagining a future with Mrs. Right is still kinda hazy.
    I'm pretty shy and anxious just in general, so that makes dating anybody pretty tough.

4. YinYang

It sounds like you are a lesbian to me, since the thought of settling down with a guy doesn't seem right to you, but only you can label yourself.

The reason for this could be that you were in denial and are having trouble accepting your feelings for girls, which is totally ok. Just take your time.

(*hug*) I hope I helped you in some way. Feel free to message me if you want.