1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Actually Pretty Interesting

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Contact1111, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since I've realized my sexuality, it's like all boundaries have been removed. It's really incredible that I actually am attracted to both genders rather than just being straight or gay. I used to just think of it as a problem and an issue that I had to deal with. However, now I am coming to see that there are actually some good things that come with it. For one, I don't really feel pressured to behave according to the stereotypical gendered definitions of behavior at home and around anyone who knows about this. After I've talked about this, it's possible for me to do things that would have just seemed completely out of place before. Also, I don't feel like I have to worry about those things causing me to "look gay" anymore. Plus, the sexual aspect of it is really downright fascinating. It's like I've transcended the ordinary boundaries of what is socially encouraged to be interested in. What I've found is that for me, there really are no defined boundaries of who I could be attracted to. Today, I was watching a show and I was noticing the attractiveness of the characters of both sexes rather than just looking at the women exclusively that way. The other thing about it that I have come to find really fascinating is how I am able to understand sex from the perspective of women as well as the man's perspective. I feel like this gives me a certain stronger understanding of the whole thing, entirely. I think the whole stereotypes of promiscuity are pretty much unfounded in my case. Actually, I think that this stereotype may be the opposite in my case for various reasons. It would be awkward and uncomfortable to have ordinary friendships with other guys if I was excessively driven sexually. Then, unlike with someone who was gay, having friendships with women would be no different than it is for a straight man. There could potentially be some level of sexual tension, and it would complicate things. Also, it would probably get incredibly overwhelming and exhausting if I were promiscuous and attracted to both sexes rather than just one. I feel that since I've talked to people about it, I've been able to really enjoy the positive aspects of it rather than just negative socially conditioned ones. Other than the potential for negative reactions from others, I personally see only positive sides to this rather than there being any negative aspects or disadvantages.

#1 Contact1111, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yus, that's the spirit! :slight_smile: #bipride #panpride

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You go, man! I'm proud of you!
    [​IMG]

4. Theclosetmaster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's all really good to hear man! I've discovered my sexuality about a week or so ago and I can relate to a lot of this. It really is a great feeling

5. MerlotItsMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is great man!! Congrats! I really want to have the same outlook as you.

6. DinelodiiGitli

Nice! Congrats, that is a great outlook to have. ^^

[​IMG]