1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or straight?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by messyheart, Nov 26, 2015.

1. messyheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi guys, I'm 17 this year and lately, I've been feeling really confused about my sexual orientation.

Ever since I was 11, I seemed to have really strong feelings towards a few of my friends. These friends always seem to be on my mind most of the time. There were times I would imagine myself lying next to them on my bed and staring into their eyes, or hugging them to sleep. There was once I had the thought of kissing one of these friends. Sometimes, I would imagine myself holding hands with them and going on dates with them. In school, I would always find myself gazing at them and even if I attempted to look at something else. If I don't see them for a day or two, I would miss them very much and sometimes I would be dying to see them. And whenever I had to go out to run an errand, there would be this little hope that I would be able to meet them somewhere. When I spent time with them, I felt exceptionally happy.

I did question myself if I was gay for them but every time I did, I shrugged it off as just friend crushes because I had crushes on guys, and I thought this meant that I was straight. But now that I think about it, it feels like I may have been crushing on my friends too. In fact, I think I may be crushing on another friend now.

What do you guys think? Am I possibly a bi?

2. Theclosetmaster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like you're a bisexual with a preference for women.

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's very possible. I'm not you, so I can't tell you for sure, but it's possible. Have you ever considered trying to date a girl? I feel like if you try that, then you may be able to correctly gauge your feelings. Honestly, that's how I found out my sexuality. I started getting feelings for a girl, and I acted on them. So, yea. Try dating a girl. See what happens.

4. messyheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hmm... I see. Thanks for the response! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 28th Nov 2015 at 12:43 AM ----------

Okay, I'll do that if I have a chance. Thanks for the advice! :slight_smile: