1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused? physical/sexual vs. mental attraction.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ryd, Nov 28, 2015.

1. ryd

ryd

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so for almost a year now I have realized that physically I cannot see myself going any "further" than kissing/making out with a guy, and that was likewise with a girl. however, I do find myself romantically attracted to both genders.. I don't know how I would begin to explain that to a friend or family member, or how I can even explain it to myself. why is there such a lack in sexual attraction? any opinions and advice will help.

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel very similar to you: physically attracted to both genders romantically attracted to girls but no sexual desires. Maybe this is simply because I've not been in a relationship before. Who knows.

Back to you - I would assume you are somewhat asexual. Realize that you don't have to justify your feelings to anyone. Just be honest and say what you said here. :slight_smile: Good luck! I hope this was some what helpful ...

3. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you ever felt sexually attracted to either gender? Or is this whole situation quite foreign to you? These are the sorts of questions you might ask yourself in order to better understand what you are going through. Could you see yourself being sexually active with either gender or does it not appeal to you at all?
    Start by explaining to a friend whom you feel comfortable around and one that you would assume would be accepting and supportive.

4. ryd

ryd

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've felt sexually attracted to males but could see myself being active with either gender...

5. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think being unable to imagine yourself having sex with anyone is pretty normal if you are quite young. If not then this may be a sign that you are asexual. And it's perfectly valid to be attracted to one gender more than the other and in different ways. For instance I have a friend who identifies as a biromantic homosexual, meaning he's attracted to both genders romantically but only finds men sexually attractive. Sexuality is a spectrum and it's not uncommon to find yourself somewhere in between.