1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bisexual or a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wildberrymgc, Nov 28, 2015.

1. wildberrymgc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been questioning my sexual orientation for almost a year now and since I'm attracted to girls and guys I identify as bisexual

However, I'm not attracted to male parts. I know I'm attracted to females and female parts but I can't see myself ever having sex with a guy. I've had emotional and romantic feelings for guys which is why I'm confused.

Do you think I'm bisexual or a lesbian? And are there any other girls out there that have been in the same situation as me? I'd appreciate any help

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would probably count you as bisexual still. Sexuality is a spectrum and 'bisexual' and 'lesbian' are general terms that cover an expanse of different sexual and romantic orientations

3. Rose22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey I'm in the same situation and I've found the easiest way to deal with it is not to worry about putting a label to it. You just end up putting to much pressure on yourself.. When it doesn't really matter. I mean you just want to be happy and when that right person comes into your life.. It won't matter what gender they are.

I still struggle with it some days though .. Not going to lie

4. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say a bisexual person is somebody who can imagine themselves being sexual with either- so: can you?

I think a label does not matter that much, as figuring out what you want.
    Personally when you look at my capacity for feelings for people- I have it for both.

On the other hand- I strongly prefer being with a woman, and for me it is just not the same with a guy. So technically I might fall into some bi category- homoflexible, etc, but practically I just don't see myself with a man sexually or romantically.

If I kept calling myself bi, I think it would be false- because I don't feel I am capable of being with both, despite some attraction.

So I think it all boils down to this: is the attraction to guys strong enough to want to act on it? If yes- they you are bi. If not - they you are gay.

5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

There's no right or wrong answer, being bisexual is so varied. I'd say that many people might classify this as biromantic and homosexual.

But ultimately, whst feels like a label that clicks for you is what matters most. Do you prefer to date women or men?

6. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's OK to be lesbian.
    It's OK to be bi.
    It's OK to be confused.
    It's OK to be unsure.
    It's OK to be feeling like you're lesbian one day, bi the next, and vice versa.
    It's OK to not want a label.
    It's OK to think that maybe there isn't an answer, or that the answer has changed, changes, and will change.

No one can tell you who you are though. I would advise you to try to be patient with yourself and try to accept that you're unsure at the moment.

7. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Common misconception that sexuality=romance. It doesn't. To me in sounds like you would be homosexual panromantic if you can have romantic/emotional feelings for both sexes but only sexual attraction to one. I actually have a friend who identifies as homosexual panromantic, who has a boyfriend. Needless to say the fact that she's a lesbian isn't super fun for her boyfriend since they never have and never will have sex, but they do seem quite happy.

In the end whatever label makes you happiest and most comfortable is the one you should go with, but that's what it sounds like to me. Or else, you could be like a Kinsey 5. Which would mean mostly homosexual, not totally. Like I said before. Whatever label makes you feel most comfortable is what you should use.

Best wishes!

8. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not that you need to label yourself, but bi-romantic homosexual does fit what you said. And I love your profile picture by the way. Halsey is so great

9. PlaidGlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does to some people, maybe that's why it's a common conception? :slight_smile:

10. mino458

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    These labels are just labels which don't have to mean anything. They are a way to understand yourself but it appears that you know what you like, just not what you are. Don't get so worried by putting a name to a feeling that you forget the feeling. You like girls and you like romantic relationships with guys. Anyone who's truly worth your time would be okay with that. I spent a long time trying to figure myself out and neglected my friends, family and work in that time. As long as you know what you like, there's no need for you or anyone else to label you. We are humans and we are all different- even if we have similarities.

11. CapColors

Honestly I don't think anyone is attracted to male parts, haha?

I'm kidding, but the reality is that sex is kind of weird and genitalia and bodily fluids are the weirdest part about it. You may have to be in a comfortable sexual situation with one to realize whether or not you are attracted to a penis.

(I like sex with penises. But I didn't KNOW I'd like it before I did it. I think a lot of people think you should just be able to "tell" how you're going to feel in any given sexual situation and that seems very naive to me.)

But if you don't feel like pursuing a penis situation, don't.

#11 CapColors, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015