1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explanation?...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by KingdomKeyDK, Nov 29, 2015.

1. KingdomKeyDK

Okay. So recently, about a month ago, I finally realized that attempting to be "straight" around my peers was really damaging my livelihood and well-being immensely. As a result, I came out to a few close friends, and I was finally able to recognize my feelings for a guy I liked (whom I am now happily in a relationship with :slight_smile: ).

However, I keep looking back on my past relationships with girls and wonder about the attraction. I am definitely attracted to my boyfriend in every way possible, but looking back, there were similar feelings, but they seem like they were diluted.. Can anyone provide any explanation for my orientation at this point? I don't really like labels, but I would like to understand my own emotions a little better...

#1 KingdomKeyDK, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't think you need to grab a label or, if you already had one for yourself, to add riders to the label. I think that your feeling to girls in your past come from the fact you were friends and you thought they were pretty but there wasn't enough there for it to be a serious relationship.

That's my two cents, anyways.

3. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If I am to put forward my opinions, I would like to agree with you about the labels thing. I would not rush yourself to label yourself. I took at least four years until I labelled myself because I now feel comfortable that I am bisexual. It does not to label yourself yet seem that you are ready to label yourself yet in my opinion. Embrace yourself for who you are and don't let it get in the way of your relationship with your boyfriend, it seems lovely. I have always wanted a boyfriend after having many girlfriends but the students in my school aren't entirely supporting if LGBT so it is hard for me.

If you really want a label just to understand your emotions a little better I will help you through it and I am happy to. I always ask people three simple questions which can help point to your orientation but some of those questions are already answered by you so I will modify them a bit to match your scenario. So, here they are:
    1.How long ago were you i a relationship with a girl?
    2.Would you like to be in a relationship with a girl and a boy?
    3.Would you prefer to be with a boy more than a girl or with a girl more than a guy?
    4.How would you feel if you were in a long-term relationship with a girl or a boy?

I think those questions will be able to help you but if I think of more I will post them and see where we will be from there. If you still like relationships with the occasional girl you may be homoflexible but if you have equal feelings you could be bisexual but so far it seems you are at least homoflexible which means you would prefer having a relationship with guys you would still like a relationship with some girls. But I will know more when you answer those questions if you feel up to it.

Looking forward to helping you soon!,
    TheBiBoy

#3 TheBiBoy, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015