1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning in College

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dpadgett628, Nov 29, 2015.

1. dpadgett628

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everyone,

So I'm off at college and lately all I can think about is what it would be like to be with a guy. I've only ever liked girls, even before transitioning, so the thought of liking guys too is honestly kind of freaking me out.. Its just not something that I'm familiar with..

Also, being a transman brings a whole different set of issues for me when it comes to dating in general. I'm pretty much completely stealth at college (aside from a close friend and some people I went to high school with).

So that on top of the fact that I don't even know how to talk to guys or if I even would want a relationship with them.. I don't know what to do..

Sorry for just kind of rambling, I just really don't know what to do and could really use some advise...

2. middleGay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not the best person to give you advice in relation to transitioning but I can give you some general advice. Take a deep breath, you are 19, you don't need to have all the answers right now. Maybe you like guys, maybe you don't. Don't rush it, just let it happen and trust your instincts. If something feels right, then go for it (please always be safe) if it does not, don't over analyze it.

My mistake is I feared who I could potentially be, don't do that. Embrace who you are and trust that you'll unravel your sexuality over time. Just read much of those forum... figuring out who we are as sexual beings and as people in general takes a lifetime.

Thinking back, I wish I had had the courage to talk to more guys, to put myself in situations where I could have met more guys who would have been attracted to me. Perhaps that is something you could consider? Maybe chat to some guys online who you know are into your gender and just take it at whatever pace works for you. At the same time, you can also date girls if you like.

I suppose my advice is to chill... :slight_smile: