1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lastking, Nov 29, 2015.

1. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I believe I'm demi-sexual (with girls) but not quite sure since I've never been a relationship with a girl. I've had many crushes on girls growing up. I find girls romantic and fantasize about going on dates, hugging, and kissing them. However, the idea of sex with a girl does not interest me or arouse me.

How can I know if I'm demi-sexual if I haven't had an emotional/romantic attachment with a woman yet? Does being in an actual relationship the only way to tell?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but you'll just have to give it time and wait and see.
    Maybe you'll meet a girl one day that you'll get to know really well and eventually like the idea of having sex with them. Maybe not. But if you really like a girl's personality then that's still something too. You probably shouldn't date a girl just to see if you could like having sex with them, but if you really like a girl then go for it. But if you do, just be honest about your feelings and how you feel about sex with the girl and if she's okay with it then it's all good.

3. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You could be, but if you are thinking about girls romantically but can't sexually, then I think, like so many other people with confusion on this site, your sexuality might be separate from your romantic affiliation. You could be homosexual, but biromantic or panromantic, which to me sounds more likely than demisexual.

But yeah, like bubbles said, it will just take time (and maybe experimentation) to know for sure.

4. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the advice, I do agree that only time will tell.

5. baddech

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well I had to go and define Demisexual before I could reply as I never knew the word existed until today.

From the definition, it seems like you are not demisexual. Only because you said you've had crushes on girls before, and demisexuals only have sexual feelings for people they've made emotional connections with.

Unless you've made emotional connections with all your crushes before crushing on them, it's likely you're not demisexual. But only you can decide.

#5 baddech, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015