1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi preference changes?!!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by suchconfusion, Dec 3, 2015.

1. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For all the bi people, can you guys tell me your experiences with preference change? I feel like I'm going through one right now, and I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it a conscious decision or do you just notice a lessened attraction to one gender and increased in the other? Danke :>

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well, this is my history. Society conditioned me to play the role of a straight male. Thus, my primary attraction was toward women. When I opened up to myself and acknowledged that I have some attraction to enbys (non-binary people) and guys, it sort of went like this: First, I ID'd as "bi leaning toward women", then just "bi", then "bi leaning toward men". I am a follow of queer theory and I believe sexuality is a fluid thing (to varying degrees, of course). So yeah, it can change a bit over time. Now, I'm mostly interested in guys. And yeah, happy that way. :slight_smile: And yeah, I just noticed it, it definitely wasn't a conscious decision. :slight_smile:

3. Iamqm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It is so confusing sometimes. I usually identify with a 4 on the "Kinsey Scale" but this might not always be the case. I also "have to make a difference" between sexual attraction and romantic attraction, not because I necessarily want to, it's just something I notice. It's definitely not a concious decision for me.

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not a decision. You can't help being attracted to one gender over the other for a period of time. It just happens.

5. Loftymouse

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is what happened to me. I was raised to feel guilty and suppress my attraction to the same sex which I noticed when I was a child. Once my opinions changed it didn't take long to realize I was bi though I naturally suppressed my feelings for girls and focused on guys. Now I feel confident about my sexuality occasionally then I tell myself I'm making it up and it changes a lot and it's very confusing. My preference could be males one week then both another.

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yep, I used to be leaning to towards men, then I opened up to myself about my attractions to women and they became more prominent, but I was still feeling a lean towards men. Then recently I seem to have been focusing in other girls enough that I could convince myself I was gay if I didn't know how strong my sexual attraction to guys can be. And there are always those days when my focus is pulled back a bit towards guys.