1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by figuringitout18, Dec 5, 2015.

1. figuringitout18

This might seem like kind of a strange question, but I think this is really tripping me up on figuring out what I am. How can you tell when you are actually attracted to someone? Growing up I only ever had feelings for other girls and I never really noticed guys that much or had crushes on them. But now I feel like I'm noticing guys way more and I don't know what that means. I'm not sure if I'm actually sexually attracted to them or just visually attracted. I'm just overall very confused about attraction and distinguishing between the different kinds.

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's how I break it down:

Aesthetic attraction: "You are pleasing to my eyes. I do not seek any form of partnership with you, but you are cute".
    Platonic attraction: "I want to be your friend. We can hang out, play games, and make bad jokes with each other. It'll be great."
    Infatuation: A mixture of aesthetic and platonic, usually. Nothing more. This is typically what a crush is. Fleeting.
    Romantic attraction: Infatuation with an extra kick. Less "Let's hang out, you cutie", more "I want to be with you. Always. I want to kiss you, I want to hug you, I want to go on dates with you, I want to be yours and I want you to be mine".
    Sexual attraction: Aesthetic attraction with an extra kick. Sometimes has ties with romantic attraction, but not always. Without getting lewd, "I wanna tap that".

Hope that little schematic helps somewhat.