1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think I'm bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Opztradz, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Opztradz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm 15 and it's only been the past year that I've been questioning my sexuality... From a young age I've had hints of liking other guys but I never really put that into words.

So anyway, I like guys (I'm like obsessed with this one guy but I won't name him because he's pretty known) but this one girl in my class is just beautiful and I'd stare at all day. But I mean there's been many guys I've fancied and just this one girl.

I'm just confused because sometimes I feel fully gay, the next minute straight, then 75 gay 25 straight etc etc, it just drives me insane and I think I'm bi but I just want to make sure haha. Thanks anyway.

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound bi to me. You seem to be into guys and girls, and that definitely counts as bi. You say it's mostly guys and just one girl, but you're still young, so you could easily end up interested in more girls later. If you don't and you end up being only really interested in guys, you can just change your label later. Labels aren't permanent, and bi seems best to describe the feelings you have now.

3. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It sounds like you might be bi, but I wouldn't worry too much about labels just yet. I'm the same age as you and I identified as bi for a while before deciding that that label didn't suit my orientation. You can do the same later in life. Also keep in mind that it's perfectly valid to be more attracted to one gender than the other and that there are theories supporting the idea of fluid sexuality.

I wouldn't worry too much yet. Just embrace the feelings you have and do what you feel is right. :slight_smile:

4. SixDollarMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey. :slight_smile:

I can't really offer any advice or anything, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm 15 too, and although I'm a /girl/ I'm constantly swinging back and fourth between liking guys and liking girls. Its wierd and confusing, but I'm sure we'll both be able to figure it out.

Drop me a pm if you want to chat. :slight_smile:

5. QBear

It sounds like you could be either gay or bi. Some gay men do report finding women aesthetically attractive and/or romantically attractive, but don't have sexual attraction to women. So your attraction to this one girl could be merely aesthetic or romantic, or it could be a genuinely romantic and sexual.

That said, it may be a little hard to parse out which parts of your attractions right now are innate, which are based on social expectations, and which parts are related to the wildly fluctuating hormone levels of puberty. Not that young people can't know their sexuality - some people are very clear on their sexuality at a young age - but if you are confused, its worth keeping in mind that there are multiple factors going on.

In any case, the best thing to do is to just accept that your interested in both for the time being, and, when you're ready, date who you are attracted to, and do what feels right. You don't have to have it all figured out right now. Because, over time, as you mature, your hormones settle, and you gain experience, you'll come to a fuller understanding of yourself.

Also, don't fall in the trap of dating only girls because that's more socially acceptable. If you fancy boys, make sure that you follow that instinct and date boys. Even if you are bisexual, you will regret dating only woman if you end up in a serious long-term monogamous relationship with a woman. I guarantee it.

#5 QBear, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  6. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The bi-cycle is an annoying, wonderful, frustrating thing. Most bisexual people will talk about how for a while, they're exclusively/more inclined to find one gender or another attractive. And then, after a while, it changes. Repeat ad nauseum. It gets frustrating, but you learn to deal.

As for labels, YOU label YOURSELF how you feel comfortable. Or don't label at all, and leave everything a mystery. Let everyone else work it out. It's up to you to make yourself as comfortable as possible, whatever that means.

tl;dr Screw everyone, please yourself.