1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it weird...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LuciaLukie, Dec 7, 2015.

1. LuciaLukie

LuciaLukie Guest

Or wrong that I've identified as Asexual for a long time, but now I'm starting to wonder if I'm Asexual because I've always had a sort of detachment from my body due to being transgender?

if that makes any sense...

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Actually, if I would try to draw a conclusion from that so many transgender people identify as asexual, I would have to say either
    a) That asexuality and transgenderism are comorbid (having one means a higher chance of [legitimately] having the other)
    or
    b) That it's rather so that transgender people are not (significantly) more often asexual, but rather they are just, well... another kind of asexual, I guess? Like, it's not that they are inherently completely uninterested by or disgusted by sex, but more so that they don't wish to use their bodies that they have right now; their distaste is toward their own bodies, rather than toward sex itself

And if I'd have to guess, I'd say the second one to be most likely. But then again, this is just guesswork based on a very small source pool. So there might be nothing to what I said above.
    But I do think it's likely that if you begin on T and so on, you might start to feel more sexual desire.

3. LuciaLukie

LuciaLukie Guest

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there, maybe it's just me, but I don't feel like I can be interested in sex until I'm comfortable with my body and who I am.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It's definitely not just you. I'm halfway the same, I guess - there are some things I think I'd be okay with, and some things that are just no. And yeah, I bet there are lots of people who are entirely like you.