1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexuality doesn't "click". What am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thewolf, Dec 7, 2015.

1. thewolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is so confusing. :astonished: After multiple threads I still just don't know. Sometimes I think, "I'm straight!" Then, "I'm gay!" Then, "I'm asexual/bi/heteroflexible!"

I'm told my feelings describe a bisexual person, but I just don't feel right with that. I also have begun to play with the idea that I need both men and women in my life simultaneously to be happy, but it all seems rather silly, given that I've never actually done anything romantic or sexual with anyone at all. How would I know?

And yet, my peers are all deciding what they are. In late adolescence, no label fits me! And I'm afraid of just saying "queer", because what if I decide that I'm straight later?

Halp.

2. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Perhaps you're fluid? I'm not the best person to ask. Try experimenting with lots of different labels to see what fits, even if it's not perfect by definition. Bear in mind that if you don't want to, you have to choose a label for yourself.

Also, I've felt similar! Well, ish. After I chose to be labelled as bi, simply because of my gut feeling, somebody tried to label me as polysexual. Since then (although you probably shouldn't do this) I've thought of a reason behind my orientation to satisfy others, so I can continue defining myself how I wish. :slight_smile:

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a friend who felt similarly she identifies as pansexual now

4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about not putting a label on yourself!
    Maybe just say at the moment I am so love with / like this person. Tomorrow I might love / like someone different.

As far as I am aware there is no requirement to put a label on anyone! Relax and be yourself and feel free to re-lable yourself several times.

5. Alex101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^This.

Someone (I forget who) was being interviewed about their "bisexuality", and after a bit of explanation and back and forth, the person basically said, "Actually, I'm just sexual". No fancy affix needed. I thought that was great!

Now, I could say, "well on that particular occasion I had homosexual sexual activity, and then I had heterosexual intercourse on this occasion"; those things happened and were homo and hetero respectively, so I can label those actions definitively. But as for my desires or attractions, there is no way I can objectively put a label on that, that would truly fit me, and that I would be comfortable with.

Closest thing might be "polysexual", but geeez...that'll require a good 10 or 15 minutes of explanation when you mention it to most people...and it's so broad, what does it really describe about you?

#5 Alex101, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015