1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demi sexuality and Demi Romantic

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GayOtaku, Dec 8, 2015.

1. GayOtaku

So, I' confident that I am Demi- sexual and demi - romantic. If none of you know the term, Its basically only having romantic and sexual attraction to people you have a emotional bond with.

I always wondered what it would be like to be normal, and not be demi sexual or demi romantic. I have only ever felt sexual and romantic attraction for one guy and that was my previous crush, who seemed to not like me in return. (The struggles of being gay)

However, the question I ask is. Do you think that being Demi sexual and Demi romantic makes life harder for gay people. Since the pool of dating is low already, being demi might decrease that selection due to this. What do you think?

Thanks
    GayOtaku
    xx

2. dreamer2891

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In both the gay and straight world things move fast and often by the 4th-ish date a high percentage of couples have slept together. In the Gay world things can often move faster and sleeping with each other on the first date, to even a sex hookup that leads to a relationship is quite common, and a lot of people might think it strange not to move at that pace, because they believe thats the way it is, and it might make some guys insecure.
    Demi sexual's are almost the opposite of this, instead of jumping in the sack and exploring a relationship through sex, they want to get to know someone first.

Theres also the misconception that you are doing it because you are religious or moralistic when in fact its just a feeling!
    i think this is where its important to use your label and communicate with any potential partner about your feelings early on, as leaving people to guess can cause confusion and frustration. You don't have to baffle them with all the terms, you just have to solidly tell them that you don't experience sexual arousal until you have got to know someone. Just be honest! tell them how much you like them and would like to see more of them, and tell them you hope at some point you will be aroused by them.
    Never do anything you want to do just to pleasure, a good relationship should always go at the pace of the slower developing partner (in my opinion) - and if they can't - THATS FINE. it wasn't meant to be, even if at the time it seems like they are the one - there not! But always be up front and honest... Also think about what you COULD do with them,.... are you happy sharing a bed and sleeping over? sleeping naked together? maybe your not aroused but you quite like pleasuring them in some way! BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE HAPPY TO DO SO.
    Also by being open and honest about yourself in normal life, talking to friends about it and being open, you might be introduced to a friend of a friend who also feels a bit like that! We arnt all mind readers... so the more we put out their, stating who we are and what we're about, the more likely we are to come across similar minded people.

I think you'd be surprised how many gay men might be relieved to hear what you have to say, as quite often sex is used as a crutch in the gay world, and knowing that you want to get to know them might come as a pleasant surprise - your more of a catch than you think!