1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay to straight?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fighter694, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, I am not talking about conversion or any form of therapy!
    Do you guys think that over years people can shift from being gay to straight? Or is it that they were homoflexible and then became heteroflexible ? In the sense that they shifted with in two poles of bisexuality?
    Lisa M Diamond has done some research on this, but the problem is what people report can never be proven they can say they were gay but just be homoflexible? And say they are straight and be heteroflexible ?
    What do you guys think? Is it possible for someone who was exclusively homosexual to become heterosexual?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I think maybe it would be about discovering your sexuality more rather than it changing. So like maybe if a male found no females attractive during high school they might decide they're gay, but then when they go to university found a female attractive and might decide that they're straight.

And when I say 'decide' - it's biological decision.

#2 Secrets5, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  3. BaldOldGoat

Gay to straight, no. Gay to bi, yes. Less common these days, but some folks with same sex attractions have decided (internally, rather than consciously as such) that those mean 'gay - period, end-of-story' so any hetero interest is suppressed, not always permanently. Best way I can word it.

#3 BaldOldGoat, Dec 9, 2015
    itsuka likes this.
  4. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think maybe outside influences can cause our sexuality to shift, such as the gender you are surrounded by the most, things like abuse, and the gender of the person you last fell in love with.
    I actually thought I was gay in my adolescence, now although my thingy says I'm bisexual, I feel like I'm straight... but I think it's subject to change.

5. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yes i think so..i fell hardcore in love with girls my whole life even.tho i dated dudes i nvr cared or loved any of them and this last girl who i fell in love with shattered my heart complelty and ive noticed that im not even checking out girls anymore i feel sorta like theyre all dirty using cunts and im actually open to the idea of maybe dating a dude and since im a very loyal person i feel like once i give my heart away i dont even look at another person with a lustful intent, everyone is more like a brother or sister at that point...however, as it stands that girl who i last fell for is the only one that i want when it comes to i am lesbian...like when i think about girls and feel horny i think about her...then i remember how she did me and close my mind off to her and all girls completly-again this is probly becuz of my loyalty when it comes to "true love" and well, i guess my heart...so id say this can happen based on experiences a person goes thru and the type of person they are...tho its probly very rare...and then it would depend on the relationship from there, for instance, if i dated a guy and gave him my heart completly then he did me dirty id probly be Asexual or alone (which im sorta feeling right now cuz i reeeeeallly dont wanna date a dude since i am lesbian and would rather be alone then date a guy, but i am open minded to trying again with the right guy) ....so...in conclusion, i think its possible but happens thru experiences

#5 thrashgal, Dec 9, 2015
  6. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like to think that everyone has their 10% for the opposite sex. Meaning, if you're straight, you will always meet that guy that you secretly wouldn't mind being with. Same if you're gay.

Of course, this percentage can change from 50/50 or whatever, but I highly doubt that there's anyone that's 100% straight or 100% gay. Like what someone else said, it'll depend on the kinds of people you meet.

7. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not true. There are people out there that are 100% gay/straight, It's just that It's a minority percentage (10%). However, being 100% gay/straight is much much more likely than being asexual (especially an aromantic asexual- less than 0.1%) but few people argue that they don't exist.

8. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Really? Hm. That's interesting.

9. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well that's more of making a Choice , I don't know how long it has been after your break up, but do you consider the possibility that you might go back to girls after you have finally moved on?