1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Not Interested In What's "Expected"

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Contact1111, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, to be honest, my parents have been asking me all this stuff about how I could be in a committed relationship..... and they seemed glad when I assured them it was possible.... and even turned seemingly accepting of my sexuality by saying of it "that all sounds good". That's all great, but to be honest I don't really want to ever do the whole stereotypical get married, have kids thing. I just feel like saying stop fucking trying to force that on me! It has nothing to do with being bisexual though..... I just don't want to spend my best years chained to some girl that always ends up nagging me and arguing with me..... I wouldn't want to spend my life chained to some guy..... because it would probably inevitably just go the same way. I have no problems with the idea of a committed relationship....... as long as things don't go in the typical direction. Why? Well, being bisexual has nothing to do with it...... because for that's irrelevant in this..... It's the basic fact that I am living this life for ME, not other people. I have no interest in this whole 'start a family' nonsense that you hear about. I mean, nothing against it, but it just seems like a living hell to me. It's not monogamy that's an issue to me, because I could certainly see myself committed in the future. I also am not one to be into "one night stands" or the whole "open relationship" thing. It just couldn't be the old, classic "settle down and have kids" type of deal. I couldn't imagine going into anything with that as the goal. I could definitely see myself being committed to a woman....... or a man if I happen to like one of them that much. I want to be able to live my entire fucking life as ME, not the fucking 'head of household' (e.g. keeping my idiot kids from doing retarded things, keeping up with a bunch of bullshit around the house, and just general domestic slavery). I don't want to deal with that sort of shit, ever. This does not interest me in the least, and it never will. I want to be able to do anything that I choose when I am not working. Other than work, I want to be able to have complete freedom. For me that doesn't mean the promiscuous sex that my parent's were suspecting when they thought I didn't want to be "committed", it would just be freedom to do whatever the fuck I want to do...... which actually wouldn't even include any promiscuous sex. Hell, I actually could be committed to the same person..... and I would probably be happy with that.

The thing is all this stuff about my sexuality probably surprised the crap out of everyone, because I don't 'act gay' at all. Actually, I'm a loudmouth that constantly swears, says inappropriate stuff, and can be kind of obnoxious. I don't even give a crap about my appearance at all. Hell, I don't even always comb my hair or brush my teeth. I also was socially just the same as other guys all my life. I have had mostly male friends, and I still do. I just leave everything a complete mess, including myself. I think when I told people I'm bisexual...... people were just like...... you, seriously? Naw, your just confused. I am though.... I might not "act gay"..... but I'm definitely bisexual. People seem to finally believe me thank God :slight_smile:

#1 Contact1111, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in a committed relationship but guess what :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Expectations from hetero-normative family members and friends don't end there!

Get a job
    Dont get a pet - they're so messy
    You should adopt
    Lose weight
    Get a better job
    Don't move so far away
    You dont need a garden
    You shouldn't adopt
    A house is too big for just two of you
    Learn to drive NOW
    You've lost too much weight
    Dont put your furniture there
    Iron all of your clothes
    ETC ETC ETC!!!!!!!!!!

:bang::dry::eusa_naug:tears::eusa_doh::confused: :help:

Just carry on ignoring them and be yourself. They will always dissaprove of something in your life.

#2 Robert, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  3. QBear

To paraphrase Armistead Maupin, there's your biological family, then there's your logical family. Sometimes you need to get some distance from the biological family to find your logical family.

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with living your life as *you* see fit.

In fact, there is nothing right about not doing so.

With respect to children, if you think having and raising children sounds like hell, or even just isn't something you want to do, PLEASE do NOT have children, no matter what *anyone* else in your life says. Please. The world has too friggin' many people in it as it is, consuming Earth's limited resources. *Way* too many of them were brought into the world either entirely thoughtlessly or despite at least one parent's better judgment. I've seen *way* too many poor parents (and that includes unenthusiastic parents)...and that leads to unhappy maladjusted children. We don't need those.

But that's not even completely relevant. What is relevant here is your happiness, because it *is* your life. Get out of it what you want...live it for you and you alone (until/unless perhaps you find someone else whose interests are sufficiently in line with yours that you think adding their interests to your priorities would be worthwhile). And whatever else comes, be happy.