1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm crushing on a girl.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by angelinah, Dec 13, 2015.

1. angelinah

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a crush on another a girl, and I'm a girl and I'm positive that she's straight. I don't think about her sexually too much, more in a romantic sense. Last night, I dreamt that she cuddled up to me, and I held her and kissed her forehead. She didn't say or do much, but I remember waking up, annoyed because I wanted the dream to carry on.
    She's really sweet, and when I think about kissing her, I smile.
    I've also noticed that lately, when I'm in public, I check out girls bodies without thinking about it.
    However, this has never happened before. All my previous crushes have been on guys, not girls, and I worry that I might be gay, or bi, and I really don't want to.
    Not because I'm homophobic because I'm really not and for my own sake I don't care in the slightest, but my family is, and even though my mother's relatively okay, in comparison to the rest of my family and says that she "doesn't mind gay people as long as they don't push it on her (like that'd ever happen), my father's worse, way worse, and I know that they would never be able to accept me, and I don't want to disappoint them.
    I'm not sure if I'm gay, or bi, or if this is just a phase.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. UCantPianoATuna

You should look up heterosexual biromantic. If you like her romantically but not sexually, the two don't have to be related. Although, you're the one who knows best, and if that doesn't sound like you then it isn't.

When I was questioning I really wanted someone to show up and tell me what I was. Or to have like an epiphany and just know. But it actually just took a long time to figure out and then come to terms with. Some people don't experience that, but some do. So if you don't really feel like you fit any specific definition exactly, or if you're not sure, you could just do what I did and float around undefined for a while.
    Or do whatever makes you comfortable.
    You said your parents would be disappointed. That can make everything feel more complicated when it already is. I don't really have good advice for that. I guess just the best wishes for whatever happens. Parents can sometimes make things a bit difficult, even if we love them.

I hope this helps at all. Best of luck figuring everything out.