1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian or just haven't met him yet?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by trebella, Dec 13, 2015.

1. trebella

Out Status:
    A few people
    It wasn't long ago that I finally settled on the label of "bi" and even came out to a few people. Because I know I'm attracted to girls. And I've always just taken for granted that I must be attracted to boys. But I recently actually had the chance do date a boy, and it scared me. He's a sweet guy, he's into theatre, he's a great listener, and he's really into me. He took me to homecoming, too. But I just can't. I don't like him romantically at all. And the prospect of dating a boy, any boy, scares me. Maybe dating anyone does. I don't know. But recently I've been wondering if I could actually be a lesbian. I've just never felt about boys the way I have about girls. But then again, I've never been close friends with a boy. I'm so confused.

2. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well you are right that you could just have not met a guy you like yet. But.. if you have never liked a guy before, and just assumed you must like guys, then you might just be a lesbian. There's no harm in labelling as bi until you figure it out. I'm bi, but when I realized I liked girls too I suddenly couldn't imagine myself with a guy and tried to date and failed, looked back on my past feelings for guys and questioned them a lot. Your sexuality could still be developing.

3. QBear

I agree with MossyCave, its quite possible your sexuality is still developing.
    You don't say how old you are, but it sounds like you may still be in high school, in which case its okay not to know yet. Changes in your hormone levels and various forms of social pressure can really be confusing. And teenaged boys are often pretty immature, so there's no harm in avoiding them until they mature more.

So take your time, and don't allow anyone to pressure you into dating anyone you're not comfortable with. Give it time, and pay attention to your feelings. Good luck.

#3 QBear, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015