1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nordland, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So at the moment i'm 99% sure i'm gay.

However about a 2 years ago i got a girlfriend ( we went out for say 1.5 years). I really enjoyed this relationship yet now i feel little to no attraction to girls whatsoever. To me this is all very confusing but hopefully there is someone who went through a similar story who could help me out :grin:

2. guitar

I've dated 3 girls. I thought I liked them, but I basically willed myself into it because that's the world I come from. Gay topics weren't really discussed, my gay friends were all closeted and they never talked about their sexuality. It just wasn't on my radar. It wasn't until I tried things with a guy and it felt so right that I just knew: nope, you're just not into girls.

3. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually i can relate to that a lot. At the time i had no idea i liked guys, i mean there was that thought in the back of my mind when i looked at a hot guy "oh he's attractive". But i thought that was just normal, or dismissed it as that. At the time a lot of guys in my class had girlfriends and we'd all go out and do stuff together so i guess it was more trying to fit in with the group and as you said to do the normal thing. I also still speak to this girl as a friend and this definitely seems more "normal" to me than having her as a girlfriend

4. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think you really have to look inside yourself and question how you really felt in that relationship. It could be that you just "thought" you liked her, and just loved her as a friend, because of social expectations etc. But then again maybe you were attracted to her. Personally I have experienced my sexuality go to 0% on one gender, even though I identify as bi right now. People can experience circumstantial attraction to someone of the gender they are not attracted to.
    I would say give it time and things will become more clear, if you still find yourself confused then it was probably real attraction. No one knows what the future will hold, maybe you're a 5 on the kinsey scale...