1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian or Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by truebraethic, Dec 15, 2015.

1. truebraethic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm 18 and I ID as a lesbian currently.
    However, in the past, I identified as bi.
    I haven't had any real relationships since I was in eighth grade. It was with a guy and I definitely had real feelings for him, like I felt connected to him, but I didn't like kissing or any other stuff we did together. But the relationship wasn't healthy, so I feel like that's definitely a factor.
    I've kissed girls, but I never really had feelings for them, so I didn't get that whole "fireworks" thing. But even with the guy I really liked, I never had "fireworks." I know 100% that I am attracted to women--I've even been in love with a woman--but I can't figure out if I'm gay or bi.
    Actually, what prompted this was seeing an actor on television. I never get crushes on guys or anything--not since I was a kid and didn't even have a sex drive yet--but this actor is very attractive. The thing is that I don't know if I'm emotionally attracted to men. I don't get crushes on them, and I get crushes on women. But to be fair, I don't know a lot of men. And I picture myself having relationships with women. I think I feel like with men it could never really be real. Also, I think dicks are really gross. Do bi women feel this way? I definitely don't think genitals in general are gross. And I don't want to give TMI, but I've masturbated thinking about men before and it doesn't even compare to how it feels to masturbate about women. So I guess I basically have my answer. But I guess I just want to know if there are any other lesbians who feel attracted to, like, one guy.
    The thing for me is that I don't want to ignore a part of myself, but I also don't want to be near a dick, ever. I'm afraid I'm in denial, but I really don't want a boyfriend.

2. QBear

Well, if you don't want to be near a dick, ever, then you can pretty much rule out being bisexual.

With this level of certainty, I'm confused about why you are confused.

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you cannot see yourself with a guy, dont crush on guys, do not particularly enjoy masturbating to the thought of guys and do not want to have sex with a guy because of his penis, then you are most likely gay not bi. I am bi and although my crushes for girls are stronger, I have no big problems with either type of genitals and I feel comparable pleasure masturbating fantasising about either gender. Being able to spot when a male actor is attractive doesn't mean you are sexually attracted to him if you are still against the idea of being near his penis or being a relationship with him. And being 100% in love with a girl is both abritary and will probably happen to you later. You seem more in denail than confused.

4. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

I came out as a lesbian a few months ago because I didn't feel physically nor sexually attracted to guys, while I felt attraction toward girls. However, now I'm dating a guy because I developed feelings for him and, although I didn't feel sexually attracted to him (and that's what made me doubt the most) I just had the greatest emotional connection to him, and I just couldn't stay away from him. In the end, I found out that sex with a guy doesn't gross me out as I thought. Still, I mostly don't feel physically attracted to guys; I can be with one only if I have a deep emotional connection to him. About girls, on the other hand, I can say that I'm physically and sexually attracted to them, but I haven't fallen for one yet.
    Long story short, I think I'm bi but I'm not sure either.

I'd suggest you go with the flow and see who you develop a deep emotional connection to.

5. omgwhatishappen

It may be pertinent to point out that there is a difference between sexual attraction from physical attraction.

I am physically attracted to men, but could easily see myself being romantically involved with a women.

However, as my preferences begin settle, I realize that I really just love having deep+profound+intimate (non-sexual) relationships with women. At the same time, i wanna get in bed with men!

6. QBear

What do you think is the difference between physical attraction and sexual attraction?

I understand the difference between emotional/romantic attraction and sexual attraction, but I typically lump physical and sexual attraction together.

#6 QBear, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015