1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's long been a question for me

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jamrod, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Jamrod

Hi there, I'm 27. I've had confusing feelings for almost 12 years. I need some of your advice.

The thing is I like girls and they really turn me on, but when I think of having sex with them it kills some of it for me but still I love having sex with them. On the other hand, I don't like relationship with guys, but all my fantasies are with guys. Being with a man really drives me mad. Inside me, I look at my body and want it to be more like girls and I really love to wear female dress (but I can't due to circumstances) and have sex with men and attracting men really turns me on. But when I think about long relationships and marriage, all I think is a girl. I'll definitely marry a girl or a male who looks really like girls (shemale) but I love having sex with men much more than women and being and acting like a girl is my dream. All in all, a male's attention is sexier to me than a female's. What does it make me?

2. foxer

Hello. I see your new here. Welcome:smilewave

I gues you might have heard of sexual- & romantic orientation ?
    In short:
    Romantic orientation, also called affectional orientation, indicates the sex or gender with which a person is most likely to have a romantic relationship or fall in love.

Sexual attraction/orientation: attraction that makes people desire sexual contact or shows sexual interest in another person(s).

It's actually quite easy to search those subjects. What is challenging is defining yourself. It's not always easy and no one else can do it for you. Others can give quidance but in the end one has to ask and answer the question for themself.

You told that you love to "have sex with men and attracting men really turns me on. But when I think about long relationships and marriage, all I think is a girl." (got too lazy to properly quote)

What I get from that ^ goes something along lines. You seem to be sexually more attracted to men but romantically more to women.

Hope I have been of some help :slight_smile:

3. Jamrod

Yes it was clear and helped. thank you. I didn't know the difference.

But this makes me a bi? Am I right?

4. omgwhatishappen

It doesn't necessarily "make" you anything other than who you are.

Labels are nice because they imply that there are others who share your preferences (you are not alone). However, labels won't necessarily help you be who you are. Rather than trying to fit a label to your preferences, maybe you can let your actions follow from your preferences.

If you love to have sex with men, go for it!
    If you think a relationship with a women is more suitable in the long term, go for it!

A simple definition of bisexuality means that an individual is SEXUALLY attracted to both sexes (bisexual: a person who is sexually attracted to both men and women). Therefore, you may be bisexual. However, if your SEXUAL interest is only with men and your ROMANTIC interest is only in men, than you're not necessarily bisexual. Of course, labels are labels. They don't necessarily mean too much (in my opinion).

I don't technically know the name of your particular preference. So, i will make up a name... it's WONDERFUL :slight_smile:

5. QBear

Additionally, you may want to consider that it is very common for people who live in conservative societies to have difficulty imagining themselves in a long term same sex relationships, because long-term same sex relationships are not socially permitted or modeled. The emotional and sexual part of your being may crave such a relationship, but your conscious mind can not accept it because of the messages you've absorbed from your parents and community and religion.

When this is the case, people often need to go through a "coming out" process, where they come to terms with their sexuality and accept that living authentically for them may be different than what is considered "normal."

Good luck!

6. omgwhatishappen

This is absolutely the truth. Man, I don't even live in a conservative area, and I CAN'T IMAGINE being in a long-term relationship with another man. I CAN'T IMAGINE being out in public with a man that I am sexually involved. This is definitely a major factor in my decision making at the moment (unfortunately).