1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for asexuals.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Secrets5, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

If you have some time I'd like to politely ask you something. Reason being is I'm non-sexual which means, personally, I find sex disgusting and wouldn't want to do it. It might change when I'm older, but as I stand now and have done for two years. I'm just interested to know the difference between how I feel non-sexual and how you feel asexual.

So, how do you feel asexual?

Thank-you.

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First word of warning is that I'm not sure if I'm 100% asexual or if I just have a low sex drive. I do have fairly strong need for deep - and preferably exclusive - relationships and I think I do experience some romantic emotions though I'm not entirely sure of that.

For me, my asexuality it has been largely lack of interest in sex. And when doing something of sexual nature I don't really feel "turned on". I do enjoy the closeness and the intimacy. I might (and nearly always) get erection but I don't really feel like any special "heat" to please myself. I don't mind pleasing the other party but for me it's I'm thinking other things while doing it. Now that think of it's like your are having sex with a partner who doesn't turn you on. This might be some sort of psychological repression rather than genuine asexuality in my case.

#2 Euler, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015