1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused Girl with a Crush

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SaraBFan, Dec 16, 2015.

1. SaraBFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been giving some thought towards being Bisexual. I've always had more girl celebrity crushes, so much so to a point where I cannot list one male celebrity that I love but over ten women who I idolize/ have a crush on. I have also been attached towards women or girls that I found pretty, whether it be teachers, strangers, or friends. It's just this gut feeling when I see a pretty girl. (Girls with glasses and bangs especially) Now that I've become a bit older with a bit more exposure with the LGBT community, I realized that those feelings might not just be some random thing that happens sometimes but feelings of infatuation.

Also, I have just started having a massive crush on a girl in my girls' choir. For a while, I'd just stare at her when she wasn't looking, just taking in how pretty and cute she was. I want to be near her all the time, talk to her, hold her hand, even kiss her. I've even had a really intense dream about her where I flirted with her at a party all night. We've been texting a lot lately, and I can just feel my feelings for her grow.

Now I'm not sure if this is specific enough for you guys to go off of, but I'd like to know your feelings on what I'm feeling. And how do I talk to people in my life about it? (I'd like to talk to my crush about my feelings for them too, but I'm not sure about her sexuality...)

Thank you

2. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was recently in a similar situation, but more like the other girl in your story. When I started college in September I started getting friendly with this girl. I already vaguely knew here as she used to go to my school but she was 2 years above me. But we ended up going to the same classes in college started seeing each other a lot and going out together on a weekend. At this point I would have unquestionably called myself straight, no interest in girls, couple of ex boyfriends, never fantasised about girls. But she was a constant flirt, always laughing & joking and a very touchy-feely sort of person, and it did come out in conversation she was bi which I was really shocked about, not in a bad way. One night she asked if she could kiss me on the dancefloor supposedly just to wind up some guys who were trying to dance with us which I went along with. But looking back I think it was that kiss that did it and made me open my eyes and start to think differently. (we're now in a sort of non-romantic sexual relationship)

Now maybe your friend is straight, but I think more likely is she hasn't really thought so much about it, I hadn't. You might be able to get her interested in you much like how you get a boy interested in you. Just pay her special attention, flirt a bit, texting a lot helps too. You never know she might start to like you. I think if my friend had simply told me she fancied me I'd have felt really awkward around her.

I don't know about talking to other people in your life about it I have told no-one I know in real life that I am seeing this girl. Our parents just think we are best friends. I used to bring my boyfriends home and they were fine with that but I don't think they'd be as OK with this and she's not really my girlfriend as such. This place is great for advice, so don't tell anyone for now if you are worried.