1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit confused...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Secrets5, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Do you ever feel like same-sex relationships to be more personally normal than opposite-sex relationships?

Because whenever I sing a song I feel like I'm supposed to make it same-sex rather than opposite-sex. I mean, I knew I liked the same-sex [at age 7] before the opposite sex [at age 13] and the opposite sex person who made me realize this was 5 years older than me and my 3rd cousin, which could be part of the denial, but I don't know.

Sometimes it makes me question whether or not I'm actually attracted to the opposite-sex but this attraction was definite - couldn't talk to the opposite-sex person even though I begun to say hello. But then I held hands with various people of the same-sex and kissed someone of the same-sex when I was 7 and I still like them to this day [10 years later] I wouldn't do anything as they only like the opposite sex.

Also the songs I used to listen to just make it stronger. I'm surprised my parent's don't assume me to be homosexual. I could easily admit that I like people of the opposite-sex but admitting I like both just sounds really not-easy, especially if they think I'm promiscuous or anything because I have no desire to actually have sex, and I wouldn't want them to think I'm -phobic or anything [unless I'm just thinking people will think things that they definitely won't again].

I could easily talk about the people of the same-sex I like but the only conversation I've remotly had to opposite-sex was;
    Them-"what were you doing watching bedtime stories [CBBC for 3-5 year olds]?"
    Me-"XY celebrity was narrating it"

Goodness, I don't even find XY attractive. I do feel like people will laugh at me for the same-sex people [celebrities] I like though; as they're 40-60 years older than I am [but I've found them attractive since they were 9-11 years older than I am if that makes it any less laughable].

After writing this, I'm not sure why I was confused, maybe just my comfortable 'out' level being different to what's generally believed. But maybe you can still reply, wondering if anybody else feels the same or has anything to comment.

I've put same-sex and opposite-sex because they're not same or opposite gender.

Anyway, um ... I just guess I want to know about my main question and any thoughts on what I've wildly written here if you've read.

#1 Secrets5, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,
    I guess it depends on the person, for someone who is attracted to females it would feel more normal to be in a same sex relationship than a heterosexual one and but again it's different for everyone. For me personally same sex realationships are more normal and I'm not entirely sure why I guess that's just how it is.