1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I lesbian or a homo-romantic bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DragonsInSpace, Dec 21, 2015.

1. DragonsInSpace

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so I had though for quite a while now that I'm bisexual and biromantic. And I was fine identifying as that. But lately I've been finding myself less attracted to guys than I used to be. I cant tell if it's just an aesthetic attraction now or if it is sexual attraction. Could it just be part of the "bi-cycle"? I find girls attractive (I'm also a girl) too, hence why I identify as bisexual.

However, I can't see myself in a relationship with a dude. In fact, I tend to cringe at the thought of it. When my parents, who I am not out to, talk about me finding a boyfriend I tend to quickly shoot that idea down. But I can definitely see myself in a relationship with another girl. I would like to be in one, too. So, does this mean I'm homo-romantic and bisexual? Or am I actually gay? I dont really know anymore...:bang:

2. bigeagle

Hi dragonsinspace, you'll have to excuse me... Are you saying you like guys romantically and both sexes sexually?? I'm a bit confused? Do you have experience with guys and girls?

3. DragonsInSpace

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, sorry about the confusion. I'm not the best at wording things, haha. I'm sexually attracted to both sexes but romantically attracted to women. But I have noticed lately that I'm finding it more difficult to tell if my attraction towards guys is simply aesthetic or if it is actually a sexual attraction.

I actually have no experience with either which is probably why this is so difficult for me to figure out. >_<

4. bigeagle

Ah thanks for clearing that up! Hmmmmm with no experience of either I'm not sure how to advise.... It seems you are more attracted to women but I have no idea really!!

5. DragonsInSpace

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No worries then. It's really just trying to figure out what label to identify as. I know most people would say that labels don't matter but I like having something to identify as, y'know?

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both 'lesbian' and 'homoromantic bisexal' could be appropriate labels for you. A homoromantic bisexual is a type of lesbian as well as a type of bisexual. It might be easier to just go with lesbian since you say that you can't see yourself dating a guy anyway.

7. DragonsInSpace

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's what I was wondering. If I just identified as bisexual, as I had been up until now, it would make people think I'm into dating guys too when I'm not. I didnt know homo-romantic bisexual was a type of lesbian though, so cheers for clearing that up for me. I guess it does make sense. I'll have a think about all this but thanks for helping me! :icon_bigg

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Saying you're homoromantic bisexual is like you're saying, "I'm gay and bi." Because the homoromantic part means gay (just specific to romantic orientation).

You're welcome~. ^^

9. Omla

....some similar issues... Curious about the idea of "aesthetic attractive" above....

Actually it worries me (hence my "curiosity"), because I have feeling that my Herero romantic/ bi/homosexual self labeling might be in question if I'm just attracted to women because I find the beautiful ones.... Beautiful!!??