1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend bi curious?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ECMember, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello there. scopriontx91 here again. I posted earlier about myself and provided a 5 1/2 anecdote of experiences of bi curious feelings. I had mentioned somewhere there of my younger friend Travis. I've had this opinion that my friend might be bi curious or have some traces of bi curious feelings.

Let me explain:
    He had been bi curious during high school. He told me he never had sex with guys. He's been with girls and had sex with girls.
    When he and I have hugged, it feels affectionate and emotional together. We hug a bit more than a couple of seconds(60 second+), I estimate about 80 seconds. He didn't object to it.
    I ran my hand across his hair and he didn't object while we held each other.
    He and I held each other while we hugged.

I could be wrong or right if he's bi curious. I just have had a vibe he might just have traces of bi curious feelings because he just seems a bit affectionate when he and I have embraced each other.

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a bit hard to say. Would you feel comfortable asking him directly and perhaps letting him know how you feel about him?

Personally I wouldn't necessarily consider even long hugs sexual or romantic. Actually, I think it would be for me much easier to give a long hug instead of saying to a friend that I love him (as a friend/platonically).

3. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't hanged out with him in a while, but that's something I wanted to bring up to him. I know he had said he was bi curious in high school and everything but he's straight at the moment. He's been with girls. The both of us have just been mutual affectionate, maybe somewhere in that blend of affection there could been some traces of bicurious feelings. I mean it could be borderline "bi curious/bromance." I mean that's a better label I've put as I told my counselor. It's something about this period of my life, I've felt like I've been reaching a peak. In terms of affection and sexuality and attraction I mean. You've read my other posts, you know what I mean.

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. I the borderline bromance definition sounds pretty good to me. Also, based on your history it sounds like that your feelings might be circumstantial. I mean, you said you don't have these feelings toward any other guy and don't get turned on by seeing good looking guys. A lot of mammals in nature display various degrees of bisexual behavior so I would not be surprised if this was typical of humans too.

What does your counselor say about this?

5. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I had briefly touched on this subject with my counselor about 1 or 2 times this fall. He had just said there is a spectrum within sexuality. I mean everyone has this notion of everyone needs to fit within two boxes: straight or not straight. He basically says it is bs for that, and there is a fluidity within that.

He didn't seem to object or criticize the whole curious thing I've mentioned here. I told him that the preference for guys is anyone over 18 and I'm not a creep or pedophile and he said that wasn't a problem, as long I keep within anyone of age basically.

6. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And something I forgot to add in my last post that you mentioned Euler. You asked if I had any feelings towards any other guys. I will say yes and no. I mean for the most part I don't feel turned on or have feelings to every guy I see around my college. Aside from Travis, there are some exceptions.

I do seem to have some attraction to a specific preference for guys that I have some attraction or brief "turn on" you can say:
    White
    preppy
    youngish
    18-20
    medium/slim
    maybe blonde or grey-blonde.

I felt that this has been some "sketch" I've had from the past 5 1/2 years or so.

And not every single guy that meets that preference I have feelings or turned on. It's just at some circumstance or instance, it's hard to say. There was this guy I would see around campus that I felt some attraction that I saw this fall. He had fit all those qualities for the most part, but I was hesitant to talk to him. It was like a passing attraction or feeling I would get when I saw someone that I fit that sketch.

And I did have some brief feelings for another male friend. It wasn't really sexual, more platonic/broish. My friend Nathan and I had partied it up on my 24th birthday in October. I had invited some people over to his apartment, but no one had showed up till later on the night. So we just played a bit of some drinking games, "Never have I ever...". We must've slammed a bit of some tequila and OJ, Sangria, and beer.

I haven't really had hanged out with Nathan that much aside from parties and smoking weed, but I felt some closeness with him when we do hang out. It seems sort of like personality wise and he seems quiet like me. We aren't really close friends just friends. I just have this platonic-close feelings I have towards. I don't hug him or get too affectionate to him, because I haven't been close to him like I was with Travis.

#6 ECMember, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015