1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this count as a crush?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by littleraven, Dec 22, 2015.

1. littleraven

I seem to have mild feelings for a friend of mine. I think.

Well, earlier, my class was putting on a play and we were doing it for the second time. I really realised that there was something going on when a friend of mine was getting her make up done. I couldn't stop looking at her and smiling. She was so cute. I've had feelings toward her in the past, too, but I just realised that this could be a crush...

The strange thing is that I don't intend on dating her. I don't even think she would be willing to be with another female. I see her as a friend, though my feelings are a little stronger. I think she's cute.

So anyway. Has a crush developed or no? I'm not even entirely sure I know what crushes really are. So what exactly is a crush anyway? (I don't have them often.)

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wouldn't call that a crush quite yet. A crush is almost like an obsession with someone, to the point where you think about them all the time even when you don't see them, and the romantic attraction is there. You WANT to be in a relationship with them and to experience the world with them.

What you're experiencing is admiration and some surface level attraction, but I wouldn't call it a complete and utter infatuation.

This is coming from someone who crushed on someone pretty hardcore. I literally would wake up in the middle of the night just to check my phone and see if they texted me while I was asleep. Obsessed! lol

3. littleraven

I see. Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No problem. I didn't have my first crush until I was 21, so I think it's not uncommon to not experience one yet, although I've heard they are supposed to happen a lot during high school.

Perhaps we're just late bloomers? :wink: haha

#4 Steve FS, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  5. littleraven

lol That's a possibility.