1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking about sex with a male makes me uncomfortable???

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by alexandrite, Dec 23, 2015.

1. alexandrite

hi, I'm a girl...I'm very confused about my orientation. until I was 12, I thought I was straight. then I thought I was bisexual or pansexual for a few years but now I'm not sure at all. I can't tell the difference between finding someone aesthetically pleasing and actual attraction. when I think about having a relationship with someone, I can see myself with anyone, no matter their gender. but when I think about being intimate with someone, I feel extremely uncomfortable with the idea of having sex with a male. I was trying to imagine it the other day, and I actually started getting chills because of how much discomfort the idea caused me. I have no problem with being intimate with a girl though. does this mean I'm not bisexual? am I just a lesbian who wouldn't mind having a relationship with a man until it came time to be intimate? I hope I'm not offending anyone, please tell me if I am. I'm only 16.

2. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello,

I am a bit like that, in that I find it hard to tell the difference between finding somebody good looking, and being attracted to them.

I also find myself a bit uncomfortable with the idea of having sex with a man- it was not always like that, but I think it was kind of forced back then.

If you don't see yourself with a man sexually, are are uncomfortable with the idea but can with women, then you are most likely homosexual. Now what label you choose, depends on wether you think you could still be in a happy relationship with a man.

I don't necessarily think that the separation between romantic and sexual orientations is non-sense, but I do think that in the long run, whilst they might describe your sexuality accurately they are sub-sets of larger categories/labels, and in the end what larger label you take boils down to your relationship/sexual preference.

Technically I am panromantic/biromantic and homosexual, but I mostly say that I am gay- because I am not interested in being with the opposite sex.

Now, somebody else, in a similar situation might still go by bisexual or pansexual, because they could imagine in being with more than one gender.