1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bi curious labels

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ECMember, Dec 24, 2015.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's hard to put a label on myself. I don't consider myself purely 100% straight or 100% gay.

I know sexuality isn't binary in two boxes like people are foolish to say.

But it's hard to put a good label for myself.

I do like women within a par with guys that "fit" my preferences. I don't consider myself bi sexual because it'll be like I like all guys that's not true. And I do like women.

If anyone has followed my posts you'd know my story.

I feel like a good label for myself would be:
    borderline/flexible progressive heterosexual.

liberal bi curious.

A guy on another thread had argued that I could be pan sexual, I disagree. I don't see myself as pan sexual because I haven't had any feelings for different gender identities.

I've estimated my score on the Kinsey scale as 2.75-2.95 near a 3. I haven't had sex with a guy or girl, but I have had sexual fantasies over both sexes. And I've mentioned here about the whole "bi curious peak" I had and the sexual thoughts or fantasies associated I had the past year but I still have sexual fantasies over females(I mean I have the random sexual fantasies of having sex with good looking sorority girls or female celebrities near my age(e.g. Shawn Johnson).

I've masturbated to both types of fantasies but it's hard to label me as bi sexual or gay as I've said.

2. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can be bi or bi curious without be attracted to every guy. You're not attracted to every single female, are you? Works the same way.

3. erioed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, and I'm really sorry if I'm being too blunt or harsh, I think you're thinking about the whole bicurious thing way too much. Now, some things:

1- As far as I know, bicurious is that you are basically straight but willing to experiment. If you have any serious feelings for a guy (as you have noted on previous threads) I don't know to which extent are you bicurious instead of plain bi. But of course if you're bicurious you'll want to experiment with a guy that you find attractive. Sorry I don't know many things about bicuriosity.
    2- Bisexual means that you like some males and some females. Liking only some males would make you gay.
    3- Pansexual isn't about falling for non-binary people, as you probably know. It's about not caring which gender the other person is, and you can have had or not feelings for those different identities (i.e. I'm probably panromantic but never fell in love with a trans)

Reading your threads I have the feeling that you're based a lot on prejudices about bicuriosity vs bisexuality. And if I may give you my opinion on this, you sound more bisexual to me than bicurious. But it seems as if you were afraid of being so. Were that the case, and this is something ultimately only you can decide, we'll try to help you as much as we can ^^

4. GayPugs

Ugh. Whenever I tell girls I'm lesbian their like, "Oooh...well, I'm heteorsexual, sorry." and I'm like, "I'M SPOKEN FOR! DON'T FLATTER YOURSELF!" You don't HAVE to label yourself. Just say, "I like girls and guys." That's what I would say if I were bi.