1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know if this is "real"

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by questions4ever, Dec 24, 2015.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents seem to think because I'm depressed and it's only been a few months that I can't be trusted to decide I'm lesbian or bisexual or whatever. Is it natural to like girls if you're straight? Can these things just be phases? Do crushes before puberty count? And is it proof that I'm making all this up if I can't say 'I always knew"? I'm just so confused right now :lol:

2. silent symphony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Are your parents creating more confusion for you about your sexuality? To me it sounds like they are trying to convince you that this is a phase. Having read some of your earlier posts, it seems like you were pretty sure that you like girls. Your parents saying that there could be negative repercussions of going out with another girl could be their way of trying to convince you that you aren't something that they don't want you to be, despite their "I love you no matter what".

Just try "being" with that you may be lesbian, and set all self-judgments aside. Does this feel right? Do you feel more yourself "being" with this? Do the same thing with "being" with that you may be bisexual. Try them on like clothing. Do they fit?

One thing that will help is accepting that being lesbian or bisexual is not "weird" or "different", but is just how some people are. Casting aside judgment on what the labels mean can help with figuring things out.

Hope this helps. (&&&)